Filling a bong with carbon stones?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by killeroo, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Hey Guys,

New to the forum, so be nice!

I have been looking into healthy ways to smoke, and I have been thinking about buying a small bong and part filling it with carbon stones as I have read that the carbon helps remove all the tar and other rubbish stuff we don't really want in our lungs.

So would this work? Or is it just a stoner idea?

Any ideas or advice would be great :D

2. Healthy smoke? Lol

Just get a vape if you're concerned about the health risks.

3. This is true.

4. Correct, carbon does filter the smoke and leaves you with a much more healthy smoking method (A lot of people do it). I would go for the vaporizer though if it means that much to you, like the guys above me recommended.

I don't know how to resize pictures on GC but check this picture: http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.94710398.jpg

5. Cheers guys for the advice, yes I would love a vap but wanting a low cost part time solution until I get the right vap. :D

6. No prob and welcome to GC :D

7. looked into the mflb? Got mine two days ago and I LOVE it. If that doesn't tickle your fancy then as posted above just get a small glass on glass bong and a bowl with a little carbon filter in it :)

8. Are you talking about putting carbon in the water and using it like diffuser beads? If so this is probably a bad idea. I've heard that wet carbon can be toxic.

9. ive seen some wierd coke head pot head guys do this
    they put it in the bottom of a beaker and kept that dry and then put water in he percd chambers
    no idea how healthy or ne thing like that
    just sayin ive seen it done

10. I would just buy a vape man but if you really like your bong then I think this will work

11. No not adding water, just dry carbon :D

12. See I really love the feel of the smoke etc - sounds silly I know.

I have just order the new bong so I will post up pics of it all in action within the next few days.

13. Good Morning All -

OK well I got home last night to find my new mini Molino bong had arrived with a bag of carbon stones.

Anyway I filled it up as you can see, and WOW what an amazing smooth smoke :smoke: The bowl isn't massive but it was super easy to smoke, felt clean and gave me an amazing head high, followed by all over body relaxation - needless to say I slept very well indeed.

So there you go - bong fill with carbon stones (I topped up with more stones after this pic was taken)

Three of my mates also totally agree that it was a lovely way to smoke and we have all been smoking 11 years plus each.

So give it ago :D

[​IMG]

:D The bong cost me only £9.99 from EDI & arrived in under 24hrs with standard post, which is amazing as it was Royal Mail!!

14. Please tell me you rinsed that thoroughly and let it dry completely. The dust the carbon releases when broken down or agitated and can lead to respiratory problems. Black lung! Watch for big clouds of black dust as you rinse it off and you will see what I'm talking about.

Carbon is great! But only when used properly!

15. WoW dude, I love it. Thats a fucking hilarious idea. And yes, that works perfectly fine.

Dont bother putting any water into it though, that wont change anything functionally.

And yes, please for the LOVE OF GOD CLEAN YOUR CARBON STONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everytime I add new carbon and clean it out, black dust bellows out of the top of my filter. So cleaning is extremely important.

Letting it dry on the other hand is something IM not aware off.

Remember, these are carbon stones used to filter fish tanks also. (thats where I got mine, a fish store). So these are used wet in other filtration circumstances.

16. O yes washed through 5 times and low heat oven dried!

Made such a difference, lovely clean smoke and an amazing high!

Cheers for the support - can't wait to get home later to fire her up lol

17. Letting the carbon dry is more so just for functionality purposes. If there is still water in the carbon chamber, it will affect the pull of the tube, as water drips through the carbon and causes minor air flow issues. Also, if you pull your snappers into your wet carbon filter adapter, it would make a sizzling noise and make for some rather gross resin.

18. nice idea i gotta try using carbon stones at least once....OP why do you put this, *Everything I say & discuss on this forum is for entertainment purposes only and is complete fiction*.....in your sig, do you think that is going to save you in court if something were to happen? i mean i would have to assume thats why you put it there...dont let bud make your paranoid! lol

19. Employers do google people they thinking about hiring.

Im in school to be a teacher, and I know IM going to have to delete almost everything I've ever done on the internet in an effort to help me get hired.

Ill even have to delete my facebook -.-;

20. understandable but how would a school trace your exact identity, if nothing on the website has your name tied to it?

i dont see how a google search is going to turn up posts you made on grasscity especially when using a made up forum name and generally nothing that hints towards who you really are