File Sharing

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by RecStoner, Dec 11, 2010.

1. What is the best file sharing network these days?

2. uTorrent

thepiratebay.org

3. usenet

torrents

irc

4. I use bit torrent and the pirate bay.

If you go to torrentz.com it will give you results for all the torrent websites.

5. utorrent. and online sites for torrenting is kickasstorrents and isohunt. i have never had a problem with either of those sites.

6. i thought pirate bay got shut down or bought out by some big corporation?

7. I'm interested in this too since Limewire got shut down. I'm kind of scared of torrents because I tried to download a movie and a few weeks later I got a letter in the mail threatening legal action. I used Pirate Bay.

8. The buyout didn't go through. I don't know how they're still up... but they are.

9. bingo.

10. Yea i got one of these aswell but it was phone calls. Just stay away from newer movies,cams. :devious:Music................

11. probably whatCD

12. this. that site never fails

13. Well first off, don't use public trackers if you dont have to. I don't know what ISP your using, but some people get Cease and Disest letters from ISP's. If you want I can invite you to Demonoid if you have a decent connection. I prefer private trackers (TL,IPT,etc) because you can't beat the pre's/speed on public trackers. But I would go with uTorrent because it's extremely light weight and I love the options, not to mention the RSS feed.

14. As for the torrent app use utorrent. It is by far the best in my book. You can mess with everything. As for the sites, I use demonoid.me for the simple reason that it is invite only. I never have to worry about the goverment watching what I am doing. Pirate bay and isohunt have both been in touble with the law and i know for a fact that trackers on some of there torrents are being watched by the gov.

15. this guy knows

16. all limewire did was had somebody take control of there servers and rename. then they shut down the legit side of there business. It really makes perfect sense. But you have to google to find the new app. Just use Frostwire, it does the same thing as limewire and i never have to worry about dumb people putting up shitty files.

17. bump

i have an account for demonoid but idk what to do with the torrent link or whatever it is i downloaded...what do i do... frostwire says it can open it but to no avail

18. You need something like uTorrent.

On Demonoid just hit the "Click here to download torrent link" and it should open up it uTorrent automatically. If not just find the file, right click and do "open with" and choose uTorrent.

Let me know if this works.

19. #19 PuffPuffHOLD, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
    k ima try it out right now thanks for the quick response..

so i download a link and utorrent just opens it for download?

edit:: yup it worked thanks a lot i hope you get some good karma, my best wishes to you.

20. No worries brother, xbluntmanx helped me a few weeks ago with the same thing so I'm just spreading the wisdom around :smoke: