Fighting The Smell from Growing in Tents/Huts

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Romain, Aug 10, 2010.

1. So I wanted to buy a Homebox for my next grow. Probably a Large or Medium sized one, nothing too giant.

I wanted to get peoples experiences with smell using tents (Doesn't have to be Homebox).

How do you battle smell during veg. and flower? Can you smell it when the tent is completely closed off? Maybe a faint smell?

Some people say they spend a lot on battling smell with ventilation and scrubbers so they only smell it when they open the tent or put their head in it.

2. Its like any other grow area really. The odor depends on the strain. If its a stinky strain, yes, the odor will escape the tent. I use a carbon scrubber attached to my exhaust fan to combat the odor,

3. I use a scrubber w/ my tent and didnt smell anything until about week 3rd or 4th of flowering. The super lemon haze is really pungent and my bedroom has a slight smell of lemon weed if the main door has been closed for awhile (like when im at work). You cant smell it all over the house, but mos def when that door has been closed you smell it when you walk into the bedroom.
    I had a maintenance man come by that I didnt expect (w/ the landlord) and they had to come in my bedroom. The door had been open all day and they didnt suspect anything.

4. Im only just starting my second week of flower, but as long as my tent is shut, there is no smell at all. Granted I do have two carbon filters preventing all stink. I'll let you know in a few weeks when I get some buds on there.