Fighting dragons with an orc, do I gotta use a bow/magic?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by simmer, Nov 28, 2011.

1. That is my question up there. Oh, and this is about skyrim obviously.

I have a fine steel warhammer (I know, I need to get on my smithing)

and so I fought the first mandatory dragon, and for the first time it was a BITCH to bring down because I have low archery and no destruction besides flames.

Does anyone have a good strategy?
    everytime the dragon lands, he either burns me to a crisp or does the instant death thing with his maw (i believe that's the right word).

2. Even though improving weapons is good, make sure you have the best armor you can make and upgrade that first. As counter-intuitive as I'm going to sound, I'd upgrade my weapon last because living longer means more damage dealt. That's just my opinion. :)

Or you could turn the difficulty down if it's too much of a challenge.

3. Ha that actually makes a lot of since... I guess I'll have to go look up how to get some drawven ingots.

And I don't want to turn the difficulty lower than expert or I feel like a pussy lmao

4. i fought a frost dragon and he'd stay on the ground long enough for me to melee, popped berserker rage and went to town. still took a long time.

5. I fuck dragons up with my daggers on the regular.....

takes a long fucking time lol and lots of healing potions/the spell is involved...

But long melee dragon battles are much more epic than a pain in the ass hahahahahahahahaha

6. yeah i spent a lot of time hiding behind walls healing.. lol but it was fun because this dragon was really aggressive and he didn't hesitate to land often.. after 50% he was pissed and just landed and was chasing me ... popped berserker rage and did work on his ass

berserker rage is boss.. comes in handy against those heavy hitters

7. Do the main questline until you get the dragonrend shout. It forces dragons to land so you can melee the shit outta them.

8. Jesus, I have a tough time playing the game on Adept, Expert would probably bend me over and fuck me up.

9. I just wait for them to land, they always do for me eventually. I try to stay away from their head and just hack away at the wings/neck. I usually have to pop a couple healing potions but I find it fairly easy. I just use my 30% magic reduction shield, and pop a frost/fire/whatever resist potion, depending on the type of dragon im fighting.

10. [quote name='"simmer"']That is my question up there. Oh, and this is about skyrim obviously.

I have a fine steel warhammer (I know, I need to get on my smithing)

and so I fought the first mandatory dragon, and for the first time it was a BITCH to bring down because I have low archery and no destruction besides flames.

Does anyone have a good strategy?
    everytime the dragon lands, he either burns me to a crisp or does the instant death thing with his maw (i believe that's the right word).[/quote]

Yeah I'm stuck on the exact same thing, with that Delphine bitch-cunt. I keep getting wrecked

11. the only dragons that are actually some what hard for me is the elder dragons or ancient dragons some shit like that

they just bite my guy and spit him out and im dead :mad:

12. Just get a companion character and give them the best bow you can find and they'll shoot it down for you while you hide under a rock. After that run around to the side or behind so they cant bite you and then toss you away like a used condom then unleash the beast on them. Usually if your companion shoots them down they'll just go after them anyway and not worry about you. Dragons are pathetically easy like this. Weapon enchantments make this go alot faster, and I'd go with shock since it works on frost and normal dragons whereas they are resistant to frost and fire respectively. This is the way to go if you're trying to control your leveling by not boosting skills you dont like to use. On a side note if you can get your enchanting up pretty high you can make yourself and your companion pretty much invincible against them with resist fire/frost enchants. Took me about 20 seconds to kill my first elder like this. Sorry if its almost gamebreaking although I thought it was common sense not to stand right in front of a dragons mouth.

13. beserker rage! do this and kill everything