Fight The Fight

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by phxman420, Oct 2, 2007.

1. I Have been smoking weed for 3 years about everyday. My parents have always been on my back about it but they cant stop me. I always argue that bud is a miracle drug and it just makes your life better. I even argued for the legalization of marijuana during debate class. I passed out pictures of sick nugs and vaporisers in class. Im just 18 so im just getting started. I just want to legalize the erb for everyone. It will only make the world run smoother and be a better place.

2. keep at it, man. Join up with NORML and support your local division. :smoke:

3. how do u really make a difference we need to have a massive session right infront of the white house

4. i wrote a few things to help the legalization movement. pass it around but give me the proper credit. enjoy

Marijuana
    by: Jessica Cushman

As an experienced soul, I would like to take an opportunity to discuss the lifestyles of marijuana users. I hope to dispel those long-believed myths and stereotypes putting cannabis users in a bad light. When used responsibly, pot can have a very positive impact on society.
    There is no proven correlation between criminals and use of marijuana. It’s biased to assume one causes the other because there is a definite lack of hard data. Quite contrary to this, are the speculations considering marijuana as a way to reduce violent crime and aggressive behavior in individuals. In fact, studies show that the subject users were far less inclined towards aggression.
    Consider a coffee house in Amsterdam. The Dutch government allows controlled marijuana use in appropriate locations. At certain coffee shops, paying costumers can purchase weed along with a selection of food and beverages. If it is allowed in the shop, said consumer can then enjoy smoking marijuana or responsibly ingesting "space cakes" (I say responsibly because they are incredibly potent and the Dutch government is frustrated with people inadvertently getting too high from space cakes). The atmosphere is friendly; the customers vary in ages and culture. Strangers usually bond over a similar passion and partake in a stimulating conversation. There is a certain morality to this activity when compared to the real worldly dangers such as terrorism or pedophiles that haunt us.
    As with alcohol or smoking, restrictions are in place to encourage a user to be responsible. Although driving high should be unlawful, I don't feel alone when I say I would rather be driving on the road with stoned drivers than with drunk drivers.
    Marijuana use is a lifestyle and a subculture in itself. Its use has spawned genres of music like hip hop and reggae and musicians such as Jack Black and Willie Nelson who fully support marijuana use. There are marijuana users in the entertainment industry like Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong who have both received awards for their work; competitions celebrating different strains; published books which advocate marijuana legalization and even cook books experimenting with the smooth taste marijuana gives certain recipes. To try and entirely eradicate this culture would be a loss to society and the arts.
    Contrary to popular belief, youth aren’t the only members of society who use cannabis. Many elderly people use marijuana. Several claims have been made of cannabis being able to ease physical pain. Medicinal marijuana is a huge aspect in the field of health and has been able to alleviate certain ailments. However, it is not for everyone and it is essential for someone considering medicinal marijuana to research every aspect.
    It is important for people to keep an open-mind about marijuana use. Simply, it is an herb of our earth with many excellent qualities. Science is obliterating ignorant beliefs and exposing more information about the benefits of cannabis use.

5. jessica cushman,

that is by far the most mentally stimulating things i've heard from this website. i joined, obviously, because i am a toker, but also to engage people in intellectual, and informed debates. i, as a habitual user, and advocate of marijuana, do NOT want to hear people spouting off quotes about legalization because it will "make the world a better place." sure, that is the main idea, but main ideas aren't enough. people need to learn to back their beliefs with hard evidence, or at least some factual information. anyways, the purpose of this is to thank you, and people of your kind for the dedication to take the time to say more than just "free the weed." if not you, people like you, will do great things for the movement of anti-prohibition of marijuana.

6. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i am 110% behind you bro...i have been smokeing for 8 years (daily about 4) i belive that the war on drugs is a complete waste of our money and that if pot is leaglized we will have less violence and crime.......keep it up bro,i got your back!

7. I'd be down for that. But we'd have to get a ton of people to do it for that to work. If enough people were gonna do it though, I'd go.

8. the only way i can fight for marijuana is to be patient. i'm developing a skill in writing and plan to write for High Times or even a magazine like that that's a little less known.
    i'll let the others plan marches outside the white house, and then i'll march with them!

9. I've also been trying to think of actions we can take that will have some effect on the supporters and enforcers of the prohibition. In light of the recent raids on the dispensaries in California I started thinking along the lines of how much of society should find these actions of the dea shameful which lead me to think of legal, effective actions we can take in response. This is what I came up with, while it's not going to defeat the prohibition tomorrow it will add another cost to those who support it and to those who enforce it.

These dea agents are people just like us, they have families and parents who love them and want to be proud of them. We should be writing letters to newspapers and calling talk shows (etc) focusing on the shameful actions of these men, with the idea of getting their families embarrassed at what their sons are doing. Make the families feel the actions of their sons are bringing shame on the family, which in turn takes from these agents the feeling of belonging that a proud family gives to its members.

This shouldn't just be restricted to the individual dea agents but also to every person who allowed these actions to happen. That's every congressman and every senator who refused to vote against the prohibition, make their families ashamed of them. John Walters, Karen Tandy and the rest of her administrators who made the decision to conduct these actions, let their families know society considers their actions vulgar.

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]times can blind us to certain truths and later generations can see that laws
    once thought necessary and proper in fact serve only to oppress[/FONT]