Fight or Flight.....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Morph420, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Well apparently there is this thing called "Fight or Flight mode."

What is "Fight or Flight"?

Well, every human uses about 65% or 75% of their brain. When you get the 100%...
    It happens during "dangerous" situations or something similar.
    You either get to run so fast, fly, or fight a huge bear.

::Stories I've heard::

One man was camping out in the woods and he sees this huge grizzly bear! He went into "Fight or Flight" and kicked the bears ass. (Not Davey-Fucking-Crockett)

My friend had a bear chasing him in the woods and he went into "Fight or Flight" and ran so fast he wasn't touching the ground for 40 seconds.

I was walking to my class. When all of a sudden this kid on a bike is coming from behind me with a newspapr in his hand. He swings the paper at me. I went into "Fight or Flight". I ducked and turned around and looked at him and smiled, while he looked at me with a "WTF!?" face. He rode off and he was pale white and in shock that humans can move that fast.

2. back in freshman year me and a friend were suspened from all schoool activities. but there was a homecoming dance and we went to crash it and fuck with ppl. we head for the back entrance and we find like 100 spray cans of paint. he picks one up like holy fuck i takin some of these. i didnt really care but then the music suddenly got louder and a cop was in the door goin to the dance. flight or fight. since its not a good idea to fight a cop for this small offense we took flight. holy fuck our asses gaped him so fucking fast by the time he had realized we were there we were half way cross the parking lot. then things went to hell cause a constable hit my friend with ter car and told us that we could go and call our parents or she would take us home. fucker told her to fuck off and i took off.
    i was sent to altenative school the next day cause she saw me agian. oops:mad:

3. Hot damn I wish I could fly. Sounds like I'm gonna have to start walking the woods alone, hoping a massive bear will pop out of no where and engage my flight or fight mechanism.

4. Fight or Flight Activated !!!! Engage the enemy !!!

5. My fight or flight mode always seems to gauge more towards the fight side.

6. is there a fight while you flight way?
    like scissor kicking through the air

7. Sorry to inform you that people only use 10% of their brain :smoking:

You aren't using more of your brain when fight or flight is triggered either. It's just a massive adrenaline dump.

But yes you are superhuman when you are on that adrenaline high.

8. like some mortal kombat bicycle kick shit..lol..now that would be badass.:hello:

9. Yall *****s high :smoking:

10. shit i wish man..lol..i havent smoked in almost a month due to my main/only connect getting busted by some punk ass snitch who got caught n thought my friend snitched on him,,what a load of bs,:mad:

11. I was swimming in a friends pool when I was submerged without goggles on and opening my eyes wasn't an option for me I tried to surface but ran into huge inflatable chairs with people on them. I panicked and tried to find a different route(now opening my eyes), when I realized there were so many chairs and that I would have to go straight through them to reach the surface I lifted one up out of the water and threw it out of the pool with a kid on it. I never touched the ground of the pool so I don't know how to explain how I did that except for the fact that I was panicking and I almost drowned so instinct kicked in.

12. one of my teachers once told me about when he was in vietnam and shit..he told me how he was being shot at one time by a shitload of people and he had to run back and he cleared a six and a half foot fence like nothing. he said something like he jumped, put his left arm on the top and just swung his body over. adrenaline is the shit.

13. fight or flight is when those are your only two choices. its commonly used for people whove been to jail, and are about to go back. cops say "fight or flight" to warn that this person is either going to run or try to pull something over on them.
    fight = fight
    flight= run
    all reffering to a criminal fighting an officer or running from said officer.

14. #14 NeoDrivesAGeo, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2009
    One time I was high, walking through the woods in romania, when all of a sudden a giant fuckin dragon landed in front of me and swiped at me. I went into fight or flight, ripped his wings off, and flapped my ass to safety. He was spitting fireballs at me so I caught one and threw it back.

As for humans only use 10% of there brain hate to break it to you but that's a lie. your entire brain serves a pourpose, each part does something different. However, only 10% of your brain is completely active at any given time.

Hence the reason it's just about impossible to use logic and emotion at the same time.

15. Thanks for correcting me, I wasn't sure what the % was.... :D

16. Sorry to inform you that that "fact" is a big fat load of perpetuated malarkey. :)

17. Me and my friends were chillin in an ally smokin a blunt wen a cop pulled down the ally wit his sirens on. so i threw a rock at his windshield and booked it. i hopped 3 fences in 3 seconds. i was flyin. total buzzkill tho.