Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by cbasketball27, Jul 26, 2006.

1. my mom suffers from fibromyalgia and the pain is overwhelming her lately. Does anyone know if marijuana is helpful with fibromyalgia? I'm trying to find some studies or something to show her. She is very close-minded, but if this will help for her pain, she might give it a try.

2. I remember reading something about weed helping with fibro, but I can't find anything about it right now online.

3. if she is in pain, I would guess that smoking pot would help ease the pain regardless of the actual illness

4. my sister suffers from fibromyalgia, if you can find that article, i'd appreciate it.

5. thank you SO much. I don't know why I wasn't able to find this stuff, but thanks again.

6. I'm here to serve :p

7. #9 Floydian, Jul 28, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019

8. My mom also suffers from Fibro, and I found these articles very helpful, thanks. This is from one of those links, I find it amusing:

"Five of the nine participants terminated the study before reaching the maximum dose of 15 mg due to severe side effects, primarily sedation, dizziness, fatigue or continuous tiredness."

Aren't those expected "side effects"?