Ffof

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Undetermined, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Transplanted my one female veg and a sprout that's ready to veg into fox farm 3 and 2 gallon ocean forest soil. My soil befor that was miracle grow organic but I got really tired of that shitty ass soil giving my plant stunted growth and shit... Really hoping the plants will turn out I don't wanna loose them

2. What do you guys think? Pics up soon if anyone would like to abalyze

3. Yes I'd like to see them. I use FFOF and have yet to have any serious problems.

4. Leme get the pics up here in Just a min. Really looking forward to seing my beautiful female flourish in this soil hoping to see great veg growth once I get more cfls... Flouresents tubes aren't cutting it says some ppl there small for only 2 months

5. Yeah get a couple y splitters from home depot and put in some daylight cfls. Higher the wattage the better but remember cfls do give off a decent amount of heat

6. How close do you keep the lights to the plants?

7. 3 or 4inches

8. Keep them 1-2 inches. Closest possible without burning them.

9. Know the strain?

10. Keep the lights as close as you can. Adjust them daily if you have to. It will pay off in the end

11. I do adjust them in in there everyday

12. You really ought to think about investing in a real light. You're just never going to harvest anything worthwhile with cfl's. You only get so much density and not much (at all) in the way of buds for all your work when it's all said and done.

I know, I know, to each his own - I just hate seeing people go through all the labor and then ending up with nothing to show for it.

J

13. I only went through the veg stage with CFL and then finally realized the full potential of HID. Then purchased a 600w HPS/MH light :) They've even gotten better since flowering, more growth than they ever would with CFLS

and the penetration is unmatched

14. Nice!

You'll be so glad you did.

J

15. I love using cfls and T5 to veg and for clones. I've used cfls from seed to harvest with decent results. I agree that HPS work a lot better for flowering. It takes a lot of cfls and daily height adjusting to keep the cfls as close as possible without burning and all the cfls add up to a lot of heat. I've been using a couple 150watt HPS lights and they've worked amazingly for me. More space, less adjusting, some heat but nothing that isn't easily manageable with a couple cheap Walmart fans. I am hoping to get a 600watt HPS MH soon to bump up my buds :)

16. idk if its just me but i like to mix a little peat moss with fox farm since its so hot for my little seedlings. most the time you'll still be fine even if you dont but you also save a slight bit of soil that way

17. Ye man I know ffof is a lil hot