Few Tip's On Building A Box + Example's!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RepZcKillin16, Jan 28, 2009.

1. ok well i have three grow box's which i will explain along with ways to get a free box an build it up ok here we go

My Three Box's

1. I took two small bookcases each had two shelfs an was no taller then a snack tray i put one on top of each other after i took them apart an removed the shelf i used drywall screws an screwed them together so the entire box looked like a coffin i then took hinge's off a door i had an put it on an cut a piece of wood to fit i then put two flourescent lights on the sides an a big light on the top to be lowered down painted the entire inside flat white then cut a few holes to vent out an hung a fan in there facing straight down to vent out an stengthen the stem the few holes i covered with dryer sheets an stapled them down to the wood so anything vented out had a very fresh smell then used a glade candle on top to ensure the smell didn't smell at all

2. I took my entire closet an sided the walls with mylar took apart the light an added a fan on the top an had flouresents all over it the door was covered with black heavy wool type sheet's from walmart to ensure warmth an light i also cut out a rectangle in the door an put up plexi glass so i can vent out through holes in the plexi glass also adding the dryer sheet's again. i had 4 plant's grow to the ceiling an harvested quite a bunch only one plant unsuccessful as it dryed out because the light fell while i was sleeping not a big problem

3. We took an old dresser about 6 7 feet tall an 3 feet wide maybe that we found in the garbage took all the draws out cut out everything inside took all the draw's an ripped them apart to just keep the front of the draw's we then took plywood an nailed it to the back of the draw's to make it one big draw we then added hinge's so it was one giant draw that swung open like a door very very sneaky. we ended up painting the inside white an did the same lighting we drilled holes in the back for vent's an had a fan running on it inside hanging grew about 4 or 5 ft plant's then hung them in the closet to dry

Tip's To Building A Grow Box

1. Go To www.craigslist.com go to your area an go to the link that say's FREE look for people saying curb alert an there throwin out dresser's or something else of the sort you can use it's free an perfect

2. I have alway's used dryer sheet's which can be bought almost anywhere that say's that type of stuff try to get something with a very strong older an alot of gap
    s so the air can still get out you dont want it too thck when you place over the holes

3. Alway's use white paint or myler DONT USE TIN FOIL

4. Do not use halogen lights or black light's or a spot light they all do different an great things...but aren't meant to grow!

5. If your really really lazy an need a Auto-Drip go to home depot or loew's an pick up plumbing pipe's to hang from the top an cut a hole for it to go through the top of your box make it have a car funnel bigg enough to hold alot of water while your gone on the bottom of the pipe's get something in the pipe section to twist an stop the flow *twist it half way so just alittle bit of water will seep through an drop every now an then* MAKE SURE TO CHECK THAT IT DOESNT OVER WATER!!

6. Try to keep the power strip's to a mininum you really dont want to get high off your plant on fire or get caught from suspected growing due to major electric bills

7. I wold also recommended getting a generator or car battery to be able to hook up in case of emergency's you don't want your girlie's switching light schedule's without you deciding when

8. Make sure the wood you use to build your box isn't wet or moldy or has bug's as it will effect your plant

Well that's all i got right now if you think of anymore let me know

Click Here To View My Top Rated Growing Guide

2. if you have any more tip's pleas post i will add thank you

3. Dude can u show a pic of ur light setup?

4. i really wish i could post pic's but i dont have a camera atm i usually use my cell but my cat ate my wire haha but ill try to get them asap