Few Technical Issues: Seeds/Seedlings

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by washedmothafuka, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I received my seeds yesterday and although the season is still a couple months away I had a few specific questions relative to my grow situation.
    I would like to start them indoors to increase the germination %.I know to start them in damp soil after germinating them using damp paper towel, or cup of water waiting for them to sink. The issue comes when I don't really have a place to veg them indoors. So I will let them sit in a warm dark humid place for 6 hours. Then...

• How long should I put it outside during the day before i? 2-3 hours? Will they be alright with ~21 hours of dark?

• Should I increase the amount of hours based on how big they get?

• I live in Northern CA, I had a late start my last grow around June, I know its safe to leave them outside once night temps are above 40-50 but when would you guys suggest at 37 degrees latitude? April 1st or May 1st?
    • Growing in an organic soil to begin with (Roots) and was wondering if I will need to buy veg nutes for the early growth? before it reaches the Super Soil with its roots. Will be watering with strait water from then on.
    Anyways, thanks for lookin', let me know if you got any solutions :smoke:

2. High washedmothafuka

Im not clear on a couple of questions, especially about your indoor veg. Im confused by your statement that you cant veg indoors, but then you ask about lighting hours . The size of plants has no relevance to hours of light. If you can veg them indoors then they need to be veged under 15hrs of light until theyre put outdoors. .... but ill tell you what i think in general

If i couldnt veg the plants indoors, then i would wait until late april to germinate my seeds. It sounds like you will need the sunshine to sprout the seeds even if you germinate them indoors. The late april sun/may is strong and blue which will give you good plants. If you have to sprout them outdoors then lighting and daylength will be dictated by nature, but late April/may1, has enough light to grow well.

May 1 should be your planting date at 37N..

Not much nutes untill 1 month old 12".

Lets hope for big harvest washedmothafuka!!!!

3. Thanks brotha, I hope so too! One clarification.

So I should sprout them indoors around the middle of April while taking them outside in the direct sunlight for 2-3 hours every day? Or are they going to want a full day of sunlight?

Also, I read some post on here the says its better to start a plant during the new moon april 1st/ May 1st

4. #4 clodhopper, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011

Ive tried using moon phases but i start my plants the first week of april and plant the first week of may, regaurdless of the moon phase. Thats when i need to plant and its always worked well for me. I 've paid attention, and i couldnt tell any difference in growth or finish date in plants planted on a waxing moon than on a waning moon.

Temperature and moisture levels DO have a huge/major impact on both growth and finish date. Low moisture delays flowering considerably and high temps cause plants to finish faster