Few ?'s

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by JJJ420, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Today, i took a walk around my property, and through the woods a bit where a live. I found a few spots to grow...in my woods there is a small stream, about 4 feet wide. i was planning on planting along the stream. Along the stream there are no trees, and vegetation isn't nearly as dense. Are there any benefits to growing along water? Any negatives? Also, in my yard there is a small garden. Sun is never blocked out from the garden, so i was thinking of maybe starting my plants in the garden, and then when they start to get to be like 6 or 8 inches tall ill move them to their permanent spot. Would that be ok? I plan on planting late April-early May, and live in Massachusetts. Is that the correct time to plant?

2. only thing i can think of, is that they may get washed away if there was a flash flood, like heavr rainfall for a few days!.........just a thought.........Peace out...........Sid

3. i hav the about the same plan but like sid said watch out for flooding and that the plants arent too close to the stream but a water source is great to hav near the plants....

4. I agree. Flooding can take them out but the buds will be as dense as can be because of the water resouse. Might be best to put them as far away from the river as they can but in a way so that the roots can reach down to the wet earth.