Few Random Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chronik-Judge, Jun 1, 2006.

1. This isn't urgent since I won't be doing this forawhile. But I had a few questions 1. How big can a plant get if you never put into flowering? Can you make it grow forever? (might sound stupid)

How do you hook up a computer fan? Don't you need a computer?
    How much light is too much light? Or is there a such thing? Can you run HPS and MH at the same time?

2. A plant can get pretty darn big in veg. Depends greatly on strain, training/pruning used, lighting, pot size, etc.

There is a way to hook up a computer fan directly to a spare computer power supply. Sorry can't help with the details as I've never done it and frankly don't think much of computer fans.

There is such a thing as too much light, or actually too much light too close. Light output is measured in lumens, but even lumens does not measure raw output but instead the amount of light output at a standard distance. So, you could get too much light on a plant and burn it if the light is too close.

You can definitely use MH and HPS at the same time. Broad-spectrum lighting is great. There is big debate, though, on which is better, broad-spectrum or the same wattage of all MH for veg or all HPS for flower. If you use both MH and HPS I don't think you can go wrong.