few random questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RhinoHumpenPand, Jun 27, 2013.

1. #1 RhinoHumpenPand, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    [SIZE=10pt]So i finally put the soil in the ground today, gunna water it and let it bake till my plants are ready to be put in the ground. So i got a few things to work out before i put the plants in the ground. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]1. the pond water im using is maybe 100-150 feet away, i was just gunna fill bigass trash cans up and throw em in the truck and drive em to the plot, but after doing that with a cooler, im looking for an alternative way lol it was a terrible process. Whats the best way of gettin water from that pond to my plants? its hot as shit where i am so theyll probly need to be water twice a day. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10pt]2. I also need to be prepared for if the pond dries up, which i doubt it will but who knows. If it does, how should i go about watering my plants? my house is a couple hundred feet from the plot. Im pretty sure i cant use water that comes out of the faucet, so what should i use? is there a way that i can use that water and prepare it for being used on my plants?
    3. Im germinating the seeds
     today, when there ready, im putting them in rockwool and letting them sit for a day in the dark, then ill probly have an 18/6 light cycle for a while. When there ready to be moved, ill put them in a gallon bag and throw them in the shade outside. Then i was told i should put them in a 5 gallon bag when their ready to be moved, then in the ground, is the 5 gallon bag necessary? Im using some king of soil that i got from a hydro store and it doesnt have any nutrients and all that shit so ive got the right soil, but if i dont have enough is there a regular soil that i can buy at home depot or something thats fine? that store is like an hour from me and if i need more and if its not a big deal id rather get it at home depot or lowes or something like that. Theres also a calloways near by. 
    4. Ive got a bag of bat guano and ill probably use that as fertilizer. I dont really know anything about fertilizer, but how long will it take till i need to start using it? Some people say like a few weeks, but this guide here Organic Feeding 101.[/SIZE] says right away. So should i start using the bat guano mix as soon as i put it in the ground? And in the mix, it says 2 tbsp of bat shit in 4-5 liter of water, and then to use 1 part bat poo water with 3 parts water, does that mean after ive mixed it and let it sit for a week, add 3 parts water to the mix that has been sitting for a week? And also, it says use every 2 weeks, so do i use the whole mix in 1 sitting, then make up another batch and use that again in another 2 weeks? Should i use multiple teas or just 1?
    5. How will i know when its started flowering? in the guide, it has vegetative and flowering teas, im guessing that means i shouldnt use the bat shit water after it starts flowering? Hopefully i wont run into any problems with these plants because i really have zero knowledge when it comes to how to keep these plants healthy besides what ive already read. Im hoping that my soil mix and the teas i make will be fine to keep them healthy and strong.

[SIZE=10pt]Thanks for the help guys[/SIZE]

also, when i put the soil in the ground, do i have to water it and let it bake for a few weeks, or can i throw it in and let it bake without watering it? 

2. Man o man you are starting very late. Most everybody has plants started and in ground. The days are already getting shorter so veg time will be next to none. Next I would recommend that you purchase a grow bible or two. Two guys who know their stuff is Ed Rothensal and Jorge Cervantes. Read them front to back a few times along with reading what you can on the Internet. Read post about other people's ups and downs. Someone else's problem today could end up being your problem also tomorrow, so learning everything you can will help you. I would take this year to learn as much as you could. This eduction will greatly benefit you and your plants.

3. #4 RhinoHumpenPand, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
    you guys really do a great job on not actually answering my question, but answering like 5 other i may have haha but thanks for the tip brother, there was one book i wanted to get but the dude was selling it for like $40 on his website, screw that. And yeah i know its really late, but oh well, this is just a practice run for me. Ive been trying to figure everything out this year so ill be more prepared for next. Really the only thing im worried about is getting water from the pond to the plot. I might just buy a water pump and have it pumped from the pond to some big barrels and go down and water it twice a day. Got any comments on a good book i should buy? Thanks!

edit: that ed dudes got like 20 books O.O i want em all but damn... its hard to spend that much on a book lol anyway i can pick these up at a half price book store?

4. Look on amazon or eBay for the books. Even at $40 it is worth the investment. The knowledge you can learn will pay for itself when you harvest your plants. The more you learn the better your plants will be. As far as soil you can use just about anything. Kellogg's patio mix is a good cheap soil you can purchase at any home improvement store. Now water, it can be rap water which most of use us or natural found water from a creek or pond. I would transport it in gallon jugs. Be prepared for multiple trips but its for the ladies growth.

5. U can run a wick line from the pond to the girls about half a foot underground its worked for me in the past

6. No it is not necessary but if you had some spare time it would be a good idea! Providing a larger area for the roots to expand into gradually is a great process throughout the initial stages.