Few random questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TwistedPuppy, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Hey guys...month into my first indoor grow...what a wild ride it's been. Got a few questions...

1. I've been using General Organic nutrients with the weekly feeding schedule they provide. My question...is it stressful on the plant if it's never getting plain water? I find my plants aren't drying out whatsoever under 2000w MH air cooled hoods, and a week after feeding when it's ready for the next feeding it's still damp in the soil so I have not been giving them plain water at all. Temperature ranges from 60-85 degrees (16-30 degrees celsius) and humidity around 10-20%. Mix is 2/3 potting soil and 1/3 perlite in 4.5 gallon buckets that drain fine.

2. I managed to rootbound my plants in 16 oz red solo cups 5 days from sprout with 16 plants under eight 6500k CFLs on 18/6. Plants were only about 2 inches tall and working on its second leaf set, is this normal?

3. When the plant is flowering and the fan leaves start dying do I wait til they are completely dead before removing them or should I do it as soon as they start yellowing?

4. Should I be pulling my smaller branches/leaves out from under the big fan leaves for direct light during veg or just leave it and let it do its thing?

5. How devastating are light leaks during the vegetative stage? I didn't notice the leaks until a couple weeks into the grow but it's taken care of now.

6. More of a curiousity question...if a plant turns hermi and you clone it will the clone be hermi, its original sex, or does it depend where the cutting is from on the plant?

7. So I plugged in the wrong 1000 watt ballast...the one with the live wires exposed under a pile of grow garbage on the floor while I was 3 feet away...how did I not die, cause a fire, or break the ballast? :confused:

Appreciate any input!

2. 1. flush once a week with a PPm of 1.1 and a PH of 6.3 for soil (my oppinion)
    2. Sounds like happy plants - roots before shoots!
    3. took leaves under and allow them to drop off when the plant has sucked all the juices from the leaf. A leaf that is juicy and firm but has turned yellow is a big cache of sugars and minerals for the plant. Took them under growth nodes don't pull them off!
    4. Depends on the amount of light penetration and the variety/genetics of the plant.
    5. Light leaks can really upset all plants. From my experience its plants in late vege and early flowering that are effected the most.
    6. Is it a female that has rodelized or is it a True Hermi???
    7. Electricity will always take the path of least resistance.

I can expand on anything if you like :D

Noam