Few questions on my co2 set up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jennybunny, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Hey guys. Was set back a little there but am ready to go. Got my ladies all set up along with new ladies to clone. Got my co2 controller in the mail thursday and just looking for a few answers

My room temps 77-80 with lights on and fans on low setting. Alot of people run there co2 on 90-95. Should i be looking to raise my temps or would it be better to leave it? Im running off a tank as well not a genny.

Next one is do i want my controller set at 1200PPM b.c we breath the other 300? or should i set it a little higher for hit and miss and make sure its getting its 1500 PPM durring lights on?

Thanks blades <3

2. #2 Erbalist, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
    As far as temps go just shut off your fan for a half hour and spray co2 in the first 15. I have it all automated with a little gadget used for robotics called an Arduino. I turn off exhaust fan, turn down to low the cooling fan for the light. Leave on the oscilating fan. Spray for 15mins. Let sit for 15 mins . Everything back on.

From my understanding if you don't get the ppms to 1500 it doesn't do anything beneficial. I wouldn't factor in me breathing as a source. I set the controller to 1500 the software does the rest

3. Hmm witch fan am I turning off for a bit my in line? Cuz my 1000w will burn my plants right a d I'm trying to get as close as I can and well my fans already only running at maybe 25% so even right now I can't get to close and we all know closer light dencer the nugs

4. and i didn't mean b.c we were breathing i meant b.c What we breath in the air is 300-320 So if i added 1200 that would make it 1500.

What cha think people?!?!?!

5. Turn off the exhaust fan so you aren't pulling your co2 out.

6. I exhaust my lights from a different room thru my hood. So my co2 stays in my room.

7. If that's the case and your room is sealed then you can't acct for the 300ppm of co2 in the atmosphere. Also, growth stops when the air reaches 85(from what I've read and experienced as I've been having issue with temps) the optimum temp is 75.

8. Ohh ok thanks yeah my temps are fine right now but I've just seen and heard that people usually run there temps high in co2

9. The plants can withstand higher temps when co2 in the air is attiquite

10. would you say its better to do so or to still be in high 70's when running co2 still?

11. With little research I have found that people push high 80's w/ co2 and most agrees on mid 80's as ideal temps. Second hand info but will be first hand come tomorrow when my co2 tank is filled.

3rd grow-bc big bud

12. #12 jennybunny, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
    whats the word vjaj. Sweet name lol. But yeah i mean everyone seems to run them overly high with co2. I know they can with stand more with it but ive read threads on other sites that the best results they have had is will 85 give or take then ive read people just always run 90-95. So just trying to get around and see what other people are running to kinda get a feel. Not in flower yet but i got everything set.