Few Questions (New Grower)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by coolrich_12, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Hi People,

New to this forum and new to growing weed, i have a few questions i would like to ask if thats alright.
    Right well i have a plan for a grow box made of wood which proberly ber 2ft wide by 3ft high. I am going to fix 3 computer fans on the bottom of one side of the box and 2 other fans at the top of the opposite side, will this be sufficient?

Also can i use a desk lamp over the top of the box with a 400watt HPS bulb in it? Will this give me sufficient lighting until the flowering period?

Also i can get hold of tomatoe soil if that will help me?

Does my ideas seem good or are they shite and not going to work?

Thnaks Alot Richard

2. Alright I'm new to this forum, but going to try this out. Line the sides with a reflective surface like mylar or paint it none enamel white. But your plant is probably going to stretch, is there anyway to lower the light? Other then that, I don't see anything wrong with it maybe you could grab some CFLs and tuck them in there around the sides of the plant and raise them as she grows. I think, pretty stoned, you need cool white (6500k) for veg & warm white (2700k) for flowering.. I'm pretty high though, I may have been thinking I was typing coherently and I may not. xD And for the soil you could always go Homedepote. This guide will get you going

But there is an entire guide on growing: http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/73015-grandpas-grow-guide.html

3. i dont think that will be big enough to grow plants in, at least in heigth. as far as fans keep them the same, ex: 2 @ top & 2 @ bottom, b/c if u have 3 suckin in air but only 2 suckin air out, the 3 are sucking more than the 2 can suck out. NO you cant use any hps of mh bulb in a regular socket, these bulbs require a ballast to power them. do some more reading here & google. when u get done, come back and ask your ?'s here http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...want-grow-marijuana-your-s-answered-here.html & ill answer them myself