Few Questions... NEED INPUT!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StickyCheese, Aug 28, 2012.

1. I have two auto flowers going, strain is unknown. One is about two and a half weeks and the other is about a week an a half. I will be using Fox Farm trio pack, the soil kind. I was wondering since these are about two months from seed to finish, when should I start using the nutrients and how many times through out the grow period should I use them? Forgot to mention that these are outdoor. Any input would be much appreciated. I am doing this more for the experience and would love some helpful tips. :)

2. What kind of soil are they planted in? Good soil I would wait until they started to flower and just use bloom nutes. Crappy soil, I might give a dose or two of grow, but not much. My autos were farely nute sensitive though, and vegged off the nutes in the ocean forest soil.

3. I used some average potting soil, nothing to fancy. I gave them nutrients this morning (Grow Big) says, 2-3 teaspoons per gallon, for general feeding.. I used two teaspoons with a gallon of water. The plant that is 2 and a half weeks got about half the gallon, maybe a little more. Due to the size of the pot, I believe it's a 3 gallon pot? I could be wrong. The plant that is over a week got a little less because the pot size is smaller. I can upload pictures if needed.

4. The soil I am using is Rich Top Soil..

image-1039979685.jpg

This is the plant that's a little over a week.

image-714978720.jpg

This is the plant that's a little over two weeks.

Both plants got a dose of nutrients (Grow Big) 2 teaspoons for general feeding. Any input or tips would be much appreciated. :)

5. Start nutes at 2-3 weeks at 1/4 strength for 1 week, 1/2 for 1 week, then finally full strength.

Make sure you have them in 3-5 gallon containers about a month in.

Feed every other watering. Water when 1-2 inches of the top of the soil is dry.

-BYO

6. I use there feeding schedule as a guideline, as my experience has increased so has my ability to know how often and how much my plants needs, it also helps to know the strain you're growing, some cannabis are heavy feeders, but the OG Kush I'm about to grow is more of a medium feeding plant.

BYOweed has good advice, start with less and work your way up, safest way to really feed your plants without causing nute burn

Attached Files:

7. Hey. Your not going to be in veg. Stage very long with a 2 month auto. I'd recommend just using some basic plant food on the time schedule/feeing schedule mentioned above by BYO. Once you start flowering I'd recommend investing in some blooming nutrients. House and Garden has a great line of products. Though I wouldn't invest in the whole setup. 2-3 products should be enough to bulk up. I'd recommend either Bud xl or Big Bud along with Top Booster and shootin powder. The feeding schedules can be found on their website.

8. I appreciate the advice guys! Since I already gave them a dose of nutrients, 2 teaspoons per gallon of water. Do you think it's going to do any damage or have any negative affect to the plant? They look fine, they are loving the sun today. If my plants could sing, they would be singing Atmosphere-sunshine, hahaha!!

9. wwpk, I have Fox Farms, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. That should work for the flowing stage, right?

10. Only thing you can do is wait and see. I'm sure they'll be okay

11. They should be fine with early nutes as long as they aren't over intense and what you did doesn't sound bad. I personally have two babies besides my main plants that are in flowering right now and I've been using nutes since day 1. As for your flowering nutes they should work fine. But I'd still recommend looking into top booster/shooting powder. These aren't used until late in the flowering stage;--what they do is induce a 2nd flowering after the initial process has stopped/slowed. This isn't needed but as time passes you'll see your plants growth rate and be able to decide for yourself whether or not you'd like to do that. Good luck and keep us updated :p

12. Again, thank you all for the wonderful advice!! I will definitely keep you guys posted and I am sure I'll have many other questions to ask as time goes on.

image-424171072.jpg

Got this before class today and will be rolling a fatty! Wish I could share with you guys, I'll make sure to take huge hits for all of you that shared your advice. :)

13. Looks tasty:smoke:

14. Hey, I got another question in regards to temperature.

image-4143924190.jpg

It's going to be hot as hell! Will this have any negative affect on the plants?

15. Water more than normal/ spread it out so water 1/2 early afternoon 1/2 later afternoon. You just dont want it drying out. If they're getting leaf burn you can always move to shade. But you should probably be ok

16. Okay cool, thanks again! Also I was wondering when it will show its sex? Is it around week 4 or 5? I am really hoping both turn female. Let's say that one turns male, am I able to let it grow and use the seeds?

17. You can determine sex 2-3 weeks into flowering. If it turns out male yes you can get seeds two ways.
    1. If it's near your female plant it'll pollinate her. She'll then produce seeds.
    2. If your males a hermi it can produce seeds. This is very unlikely. Here's a quote,

"according to some breeders, these very desirable males
    their pollen results in more stable offspring with a reduced chance of hermieing"

99% of the time you want to kill off your males right when you find out they're male. Only reason you wouldn't is if your purposely trying to pollinate or get seeds which isn't worth loosing your bud unless your in a seed business or something alike.

18. Well then, I won't pollinate my female. Let's hope both turn female then.. :) I also found out the strain today. I didn't buy these seeds, a friend did. The strain is Diesel LowRyder. This is probably another dumb question but I wanna make sure I am doing this right. Can you explain how the PH stuff works or point me in the right direction?

19. That's great news; it's always nice to know the strain. There are electrical pH testers. It's said you want your pH between 6-7 for MJ. Many pH problems are cause by over or under nutrient-ing your plants. If you have good soil rich in nutrients you shouldn't have any problem with being under-fed even without additional nutrients -- a plant is a biological organism and will regulate pH to a point. Some pH problems like way to little/to much K or N can have different effects on leaves. yellow stripping, wilting completely yellowing, chemical burning etc. I personally do not check pH as I outdoor grow right now; and so far I haven't had one pH related or any type of stress/unnatural things happen to my plants. Most people indoors check pH on a regular basis. I'm sure some outdoor grower's do, but it seems less needed. I'm sure someone else can lend some pH information.

20. Well in that case I think I'll be fine. If I run into any problems I can always post here or ask around. You seem very helpful and this seems like a good place for some very good information..I do appreciate the input though!! Do you know much about the strain I have or have you grown it yourself??