Few questions for my 2ND Grow: Blueberry x Big Bud

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mr.b0ssh0gg, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Hi, this is my second time growing. It is much more advanced than my first grow, but that's not saying much. This one is still very basic, but the amount of care and time i put into my plants is very rewarding. My setup is a 400w HPS with 4 Blueberry x Big Bud clones in a 4x4x4 box i constructed. The box is simply that fuzzy particle board stuff that has a plastic laminate on one side. It's very reflective and works great. The box isnt too sturdy because i wanted to keep costs low and make it very portable since i will be moving soon. The soil is just miracle gro nutrient enriched with lots of vermiculite, perlite, and blood & bone meal. my nutrient lineup was just some basic nutrients, until i ordered a bunch of stuff like Sweet, Sensizym, fulvic acid, KoolBloom, and i will be using Final Phase for the last week or so of flowering. I dont have any exhaust or intake fans, but i can leave the side door of the box open during the day to allow moisture to escape. there is also a 4 or 5" fan inside the box keeping the air circulating.

anyway, i have been flowering since November 25th, and plan to harvest around January 31st. I had to leave for xmas for 3 weeks so i had a friend watching the plants and i think it would have been better if i was able to stay home. I've noticed a slight decrease in trichome production and trichome fullness. Also, A LOT of the leaves are turning yellow and crispy, and others look and feel like plastic, and eventually dry up and die. I think the pots i had them in for awhile were too small so i transplanted again late, allowing for more fresh soil. I mix up big batches of 30L + all the nutrients/additives, and water ever 3-4 days. There is a lot of little gnats or fruit flies or something in the box, i think the soil is getting a bit musty. i don't check pH or anything, so i couldnt tell you what the levels are like. Are these plants just about ready to receive their Final Phase flushing? Anything i should do from now until the 31st to ensure a plentiful and resinous harvest?

ALL comments, suggestions, criticisms, whatever you have i want to hear it please. Thanks!

-Mr.B0ssh0gg

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

in the pic on the top left, is it normal for all that nutrient sediment to build up at the bottom of the water container? Its a big 30L rubbermaid tub, and i dont have any way of circulating the water right except for stirring it several times a day.

2. dude, you need to spend a little bit of coin and buy an airpump, some tubing and a fish tank bubbler. your nute buildup prob will go away. you need "something" to mix things up in a rez. you can't stir it up all the time. although, i must say, if you did do that regularly, it could work. but why would you want to do that??? peace

3. forgive me! btw, nice looking budzzzz......

4. Looks like either heat stress or phosphorus deficiency. If it is phosphorus deficient forget about it because you will start flushing now if indeed they will be ready by the 31st. How hot does it get in there without an exhaust fan? They look good considering they were grown in MG Soil. You probably got the gnats from that sub par soil. That happened to me once when I bought MG or Shultz.

5. lol thanks for the advice... my friend suggested that about the fish tank bubbler, but i dont think i'll be buying one anytime soon unless they are nice n cheap.

as for the soil.. yea it is cheap soil. whats worse is when i re-transplanted a couple weeks ago, i filled the sides in with even cheaper soil and didnt have any extra vermiculite/perlite to mix with it. the temperature in the grow room read from a thermometer hanging close to the light never goes above 85F or so, and the plants didnt really seem to mind. when they started flowering tho, and started getting a lot closer to the light, it seemed some of the leaves were getting burned. a lot of the leaves that were turning yellow were far away from the light so i guess that was a phosphorous deficiency? i'll have to remember that for next time.... and buy some better soil too!! :bolt:

keep your eyes peeled in 1-2 for harvest pics and dried bud pics, if you're interested

6. Send me a link of the harvest when you get it up.