Few questions for 100% perlite hempy bucket

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 4PoCoLoKo, May 12, 2013.

1. Should I even do it? I don't have any vermiculite to add but I do have some peat moss, will that help retain moisture? Could I do 4 parts perlite 1 part peat moss?

I'm also worried about salt buildup, should I use water hose water, sink water, rainwater, or bottled water?

Do you guys know of any veg/flower nutes I can get at Lowes or Home Depot? There is a head shop here that sells hydroponic supplies but their nutes are 40$...

Last question. Can I plant and harvest my germed seed in any size bucket?

2. Ok I Ph'ed the rainwater its at 6 but it goes through a gutter system that drains into it also so there are extra minerals and such that I don't know about. I think I may be thinking to far outside the box for my first grow but I just want to yield.

I'm doing 100% perlite hempy bucket with GH FloraMicro, FloraGro, and FloraBloom that should be in soon. Any water/feeder schedules you guys can fill me in on?

I went ahead and planted the sprouted seed under some 7800k CFLs in a 2gal bucket and I already notice some purp in the leaves. Is that something I should be worried about or is it gonna be some purp? It's just some bagseed tho.

3. 1. I have no idea as i never used them . 

2. u can use sink water if its not hard or bad and has a good PH , of course if u r concerned just buy a water filter and filter ur sink water through it . 

3. Veggie nutes need to be higher N then P K , All nutrients have the NPK scale on the back . the flowering K should be more then N. 
    Example, veggie should be 7-5-3 , and then flowering should be 3-5-7 , as long as it looks something similar to what i just mentioned u can get any cheap off-brand nutrients , I use the cheapest stuff i can find but with a good NPK mix. And I get great yields.

4. I always grow where i throw , meaning I plant the seed in the same pot it stays in for its whole life.
    Just make sure its at least 2 gal pot and that u only water the top layers of the soil gentle and lightly the first few weeks of growth as there isnt any root system to catch the water that goes to the bottom of the pot.  and only water when the pot is light  by lifting it up . 

4. rain water is overrated , its something that grandma used to do :p

dont water until the pot is light. dont start any nutrients until the 3rd week or it has 4-5 nodes . 
    u will get purple leafs because wherever u r growing it is cold, below 15C 65ish the leafs and steams will turn a bit purple, if u ever grow purple haze , its not purple if u cant get the temps in the room down below 15C LOL

5. #5 4PoCoLoKo, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
    Awesome man appreciate the help, My last calculation was wrong, I tested the rainwater and its at 6.7 ph so I will be using it because I have a tonnn of it. The leaves are back to green ;)

Also will I be needing cal/mag? If so what should I buy and when should I put it in the feeding regiment?

6. Perlite works quite well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. #7 4PoCoLoKo, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
    I know Arnold I'm so excited to start seeing some growth. Its been 3 days since sprout though.
    Looks like someone took a machete to your roots lmao?

Also what are those nuts on your perlite? Is that the coco I see people talkin bout?
    I also see that I will be able to use my GH FloraSeries for Cal/Mag source