Few Questions Before I Start My Grow...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by TheJiveTurkey, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Im planning on doing a 5 gallon hydro bucket grow, and had a few questions...

1. At what period do I take the geo cube with my baby in it, and actualy put the thing in my grow net in the bucket? And when I do, do I immidiately throw the bubbler on, and do I use nutes, or just plain water at first?

2. Where should my water levels be threwout the grow? From sprout, and in veg, and in flowering, what should the water levels be?

3. As far as changing nutes, and flushing the plant, how often should I renew my nutes, and how often do I flush with clean water? Also, what is topping off? Im assuming its adding water to maintain water levels, right? If thats the case do I topp off with clean water, or with teh same nutrient solution thats already in teh bucket?

4. and finally... When I switch from sprout nutes, to veg nutes, to flower nutes, do I let the system run with clean water for a few days or something? Then switch the nutes? or do I simply run clean water to clean the bucket out, then add new nutes.

5. Also are there any tips anyone has on things i should NEVER DO, or things i should ALWAYS DO, that arnt that ovious, or that are ovious and im just stupid haha.

Any suggestions help, THANKS!!! :smoking:

2. any suggestions here at all?

3. nothing at all?

4. :( come on grasscity give me some love here

5. The issue is most people here can't help. Most people don't run hydro and those that do run other systems. I run a nice 3'X4' ebb and flow system so it's hard for me to give out advice on other ststems. I also know alot about dirt growing because of my college background, but that also woun't help you. I would do a search on what your looking for over google.

6. i am experimenting with bucket growing as well have 8 going now plan to up to 10 within a week. Nutrient levels change depending on what you are using(brands) and mainly the strains light levels have a lot to do with how much water and nuts you use as well. that said I tend to burn the hell out of em trying to use as much for this system as i do with others currently i use aprox 150 ppm nutrients as well as 50 ppm secondaries and 50 ppm vit b. I clone for two weeks in a tray transfer my clone to the net pots myb first mistake was piled lotsa rock under the plantso roots had room nope they tried toppling so now i put 1-3 layers of rock looks weird till 3rd week but youll add more rock as it grows you can start them at anytime but i like to put a pump in them for topfeeding until roots immerse but am told not necesary. after 2 weeks (my usual water change) if it lacks root growth mix higher with vit b and secondaries less nuts, if roots reach water use half secondaries and vit b make up with nutes back to 250 this is my progression from now on I start with 2 gallons mixed once ive added 2 gallons fresh to it i do a change and up the nutes 50 works well but does tend to burn plants in later stages of growth and bloom the first couple times through at least for me let me know if i forgot something pls Ps for myself i like a good healthy start only moms go in the buckets everything else is in a larger setup so i put a 1 1/2 week old seedling in a standard potting container with a 50/50 perlite vermiculite for a month watering at least 2 times daily depending then with a good root ball for wick action i place on very bottom of baskets but have had success transfering as early as 9 days from seed feeding only tapwater for the first 3 weeks then start with ro dr. d water