Few basic questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GA-Stoned, Dec 23, 2016.

1. So I'm sitting here looking at grow equipment and I realize I just can't do it yet but I can't get rid of the itch. So for fun I figured I'd germinate son reg seeds, thrown them in some dirt for potting soil, using a lamp with regular house bulbs and hopefully fail at growing at plant. My goal is just satisfy seeing a plant pop up while I figure out how to set up a grow room. I know most will say it sounds ridiculous but it's literally for shits and giggles..I'm just wondering, would dirt and a 120w bulb with high ph (alkaline water) at least get a reg seed going? If I could practice for the next 3 weeks for fun maybe I won't waste the auto flower seeds I'm ordering next week. Drop a comment if you've tried this with any success

• Like Like x 1
  2. Believe me brother, I have been. I've just got the itch to start now. I actually have potting soil but my shed is shared and I lost my key and won't be able to get in until my buddy gets back into town. I actually have tons of cfl bulbs and led bulbs and fixtures just none of it compact enough to grow with. I'm getting the sense I'm going to learn a lot more patience when I start this journey

3. Well since you have all the knowledge you know what you are in store for .
    Seems like you already knew the answer to your question before you asked it " would dirt and a 120w bulb with high ph (alkaline water) at least get a reg seed going? "
    But if you still need an answer yes , you can sprout a seed and get it going ( as long as its not an incandescent bulb )
    You probably already know from your vast reading that soil buffers the pH automatically so the water isn't an issue .

4. All of my reading has been done over a 2 week period and honestly I've probably tried to process too much at one time lol. The link you gave me showed me something I haven't seen, the grow bucket. I'm about to build one now and go grab some potting soil and few other supplies.

5. Potting soil AND PERLITE!!!!
    Dont make the mistake I did!!! Mix 79% soil with 30% perlite.
    Soil must be organic, no nutrients in it. NO MIRACLE GROW.
    Furthermore, by your attitude "I know it all"
    Weed doesnt grow in high ph water. It grows between 6.0 and 6.8
    If you go lower or higher than that you'll fuck yourself up.
    Why waste time and grow shitty weed when you could grow a noce poant, get some good smoke going and such... Man I might be a noob at growing but holyshit, I see sometimes some shit on this forum that makes me want to facepalm myself to death...
    Cmon man

6. Also listen to Dickie fickle he knows his stuff. He helped me alot with many of my questions but seriously you really need to read, read read read and read more! I bought a growing bible book just so that I could grow better ans know the "subtleteeses" of a good and bad harvest, etc. Do yourself a favor, dont start yet and read, get ready and you'll have some great weed in a couple of months. Thats if you get females.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bro I don't know where you got a know it all attitude because I mentioned ph levels but OK. The question was for shits and giggles would a shit seed pop up out of dirt. I've read different opinions on ph levels but that's why I posted in the beginners section...because I'm not sure

8. Oh sorry my bad. Its just that regarding growing weed. You'll see eventually shit and giggles dont cost you more then 300$ in equipment. I mean, if you seriously planning on growing, you cant really fool around. For me its a new hobby and I love it!!

9. Listen guys I'm most definitely doing my research and getting the right equipment before I try to actually grow anything. That's why I saved my $300 and decided to wait until I had another $200 to construct a decent room for the equipment. I'm literally just thinking of throwing a seed in some dirt and showing it a little love to see what it does since I'm anxious to get started.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

10. If you are doing it for strictly shits and giggles, then go for it. Have fun bro :)