Festival season is here!

Discussion in 'General' started by MaineToker420, May 26, 2009.

1. #1 MaineToker420, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
    Well I just went to my first fest of the year over the weekend, ( Peace Jam ) and I must say it was a prety good time. So what festivals are everyone else planning on attending?

My List-
    Peace Jam
    Harry's Hoe Down
    (Hopefully) All Good
    Camp Bisco
    Gathering of the Vibes
    Beltek
    Up North
    Hempstock
    Local Harvest Fest
    New York Harvest Fest

:yay:
    There may be a few in between and I would love to go to Rothbury but I'm not sure if thats going to be possible.

2. Unfortunately, I'm only gunna be able to make it to one this year round..

Wanee - in Live Oak, FL.

Less than 2 weeks away!! Just a few bandsthat'll be there playin: Doobie Brothers, Wailers, Keller Williams, Allman Brothers, Umphrey's McGee. And best part yet, I found out one of my buds I'm drivin down there with picked up a sheet of some L tonight for the weekend :D

3. OOOO sounds great, well you will be having a good time for sure!:D

4. Bump, smoking a bowl of some humble berry and then heading to sleep.:smoking:

5. rothbury, cosmic family gathering, and maybe forecastle

6. Come on people I know some of you are hitting up some festivals
    :hello::hello::hello:

7. Rothbury 09 is going to make my summer

8. Health and Harmony june 12
    Sierra Nevada World music festival june 18

and of coarse Reggae on the River/Reggae Rising July 31.

9. #10 flowerchild, May 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2009
    I'm only going to be able to make it to one this year-- Wakarusa 09 in my home state.

The Black Crowes!
    Gov't Mule
    STS9!! 2 Sets! :metal:
    Yonder Mountain String Band
    Les Claypool
    G. Love and Special Sauce
    Matisyahu
    Gomez
    Cross Canadian Ragweed
    Shpongle - DJ Set
    Galactic
    Buckethead
    Sly & Robbie
    Railroad Earth
    Steve Kimock Crazy Engine featuring Melvin Seals
    PRAANG
    Porter Batiste Stoltz
    Perpetual Groove
    JJ Grey & Mofro
    Jimmy Herring Band
    The Egg
    20/20 Soundsystem
    Lucero
    Split Lip Rayfield
    The New Mastersounds
    Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit
    EOTO
    Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue
    Secret Chiefs 3
    Boombox
    New Monsoon
    Moonalice
    Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey
    Ott
    Ganga Giri
    Cornmeal
    Joe Purdy
    Telepath
    Jessie Baylin
    Langhorne Slim
    Dusty Rhodes and the River Band
    Cedric Burnside & Lightnin' Malcolm
    Big Smith :D
    Josh Phillips Folk Festival
    Dirtfoot
    Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad
    Elmwood
    Pretty Lights
    Heavyweight Dub Champion
    Underground Orchestra
    DJ Rekha
    Chuck Love
    Wax Fang
    The Heavy Pets
    Old School Freight Train
    Mishka
    Jonathan Tyler & the Northern Lights
    My Dear Disco
    Radiohiro presents DubFi Soundsystem
    Blue Mountain
    Hoots and Hellmouth
    Burnin' Smyrnans
    Scythian
    Public Property
    Madahoochi
    Elephant Revival
    Euforquestra
    Hana Pestle
    The Hood Internet
    My-Tea Kind
    Home
    Paul Benjaman Band
    Samantha Crain & the Midnight Shivers
    Turbine
    Mayola
    Spoonfed Tribe
    Charliehorse
    Uncle Lucius
    Reelfoot
    David Hasselhoff on Acid
    Mountain Standard Time
    Blue Martian Tribe
    GEM
    Spotting Waldo
    The Running Wild Band
    The Moai Broadcast
    Damn Bullets
    The Corduroy
    Green Sugar
    LFDC Funk
    Gum

One week to go, I'm excited!!!! :yay:

10. ^^^^damn that looks good

11. I'm going to Gathering of the Vibes this year, I hear you can get any drug you want, is this correct cause this is my first festival and i am planning to be binging on some drugs.

12. I just found out up north fest was canceled this year. I really am going to do everything I can do try and make it to Rothbury, it looks amazing!:yay:

Here's the line-up

THE DEAD\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t(ONLY SUMMER PERFORMANCE)\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tBOB DYLAN AND HIS BAND\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTHE STRING CHEESE INCIDENT\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t(ONLY 2009 PERFORMANCE)\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tWILLIE NELSON & FAMILY\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTHE BLACK CROWES\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tDAMIAN 'JR. GONG' MARLEY & NAS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tSTS9\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tG. LOVE & SPECIAL SAUCE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tGOV'T MULE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tUMPHREY'S MCGEE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tBROKEN SOCIAL SCENE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tYONDER MOUNTAIN STRING BAND\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTHE DISCO BISCUITS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tLES CLAYPOOL\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tCOLD WAR KIDS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tJOHN BUTLER\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tCHROMEO\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tKELLER WILLIAMS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tANI DIFRANCO\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tMSTRKRFT\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tMATISYAHU\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tGIRL TALK\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tGUSTER\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tFEMI KUTI & THE POSITIVE FORCE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tMARTIN SEXTON\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tFLOGGING MOLLY\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tRAILROAD EARTH\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTHE HOLD STEADY\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTOOTS & THE MAYTALS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tRALPH STANLEY & THE CLINCH MOUNTAIN BOYS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tBRETT DENNEN\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tGRACE POTTER AND THE NOCTURNALS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tSHPONGLE DJ SET\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tSON VOLT\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tJACKIE GREENE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tLOTUS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tSOULIVE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tMAN MAN\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tPETER ROWAN BLUEGRASS BAND W/ TONY RICE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tKING SUNNY ADE & HIS AFRICAN BEATS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tKID CUDI\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tSTS9 (LIVE PA SET)\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTHE GLITCH MOB\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tDAVY KNOWLES AND BACK DOOR SLAM\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tEOTO\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tPRETTY LIGHTS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tREBELUTION\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tQUANNUM ALL STARS FT. LYRICS BORN, THE MIGHTY UNDERDOGS, GIFT OF GAB, LIFESAVAS & JOYO VELARDE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTOUBAB KREWE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tSAM ROBERTS BAND\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tHILL COUNTRY REVUE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tLIPP SERVICE (ELIOT LIPP + MEMBERS OF PNUMA)\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t2020 SOUNDSYSTEM\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tBREAK SCIENCE FT. ADAM DEITCH\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTHE HARD LESSONS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tUNDERGROUND ORCHESTRA\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tFUTURE ROCK\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTHE MACPODZ\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tSTEPPIN' IN IT\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTHE WHITE BUFFALO\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTHE PARLOR MOB\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tGIANT PANDA GUERILLA DUB SQUAD\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tCHRIS PIERCE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tREED THOMAS LAWRENCE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tWENDY DARLING\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tRACHEL GOODRICH\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tBIG GIGANTIC\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tLYNX & JANOVER\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tTHE RAGBIRDS\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t•\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tFOUR FINGER FIVE\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

13. Bump still looking to hear from more people.:D

14. Gonna be at All Good in July. :D We should have a blade meetup somewhere if a bunch of people go, or even if just a few go. I was also thinking about Lollapalooza but not so much now.

15. Deffinately harvest fest up in maine, then I will have to see what other ones I can get to.

16. bonnaroo

17. ill be at bonnaroo dude sneaking in and buying acid with my money going to trip 4 days in a row going to be a fucking blast

18. You going to the one in Starks or Harmony?

19. give me an R give me an O give me a T give me an H give me a B.U.R.Y what does that spell? ROTHBURY:hello::hello::hello: