ferts mathematics question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pervy Sage, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Ok, im not going to be using ferts for another few weeks so i wanted to get this out of the way ahead of time.

Im terrible at math for starters. The usage amount on the bottles all go by the gallon, but i'm only growing one plant, and I dont think i'll be using a full gallon all at once to water it at any point in its life. So how do I know how much to mix in with the smaller amounts of water? OR should i just mix em up in a gallon jug and save the rest for later? (is that even possible or does it dilute the nutes right out after a certain period of time?)

This is worded somthing awful, but if you can decypher what im trying to say here i'd appreciate any help you can give me hahah.:hello: :cool: :confused:

man, I feel stupid now....,but I guess thats better then just guessing or not knowing at all right!!?

2. really? you cant do the math?

Assuming the nutrient instructions on the box are for 1 gallon of water :

If you use half a gallon, you use half the nutrients written on the box
    if you use a quarter of a gallon, you use a quarter of the nutrients written on the box

edit : anyway you can just mix your nutrients directly in a gallon of water and NOT use it all at once.. you know?

3. I think i just needed some one to break it down like that in front of me man. Thank you. And yes i can do the math lol, but I was having an epic brain fart, so thankyou for clearing it up for me. Rep to you.

4. oh ok I understand.

it's easy to overcomplicate things ;-)