Fertilizing Wisely

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Norma Stits, Feb 1, 2009.

1. I'm constantly amazed and impressed with the helpfulness and kindness of the vast majority of GC posters. Thank you. +rep

2. #22 Leapfrog, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
  3. #23 ricard0, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
  4. Heck yah man! I told you I may be a novice but I'm determined to get it right. I've been going phase by phase and making changes as soon as I realize I need to adjust. And as I cn afford to do so, which is why I need to ask Santa Claus for one of these meters. Until then I can order a soil kit and figure that out.

This board is just full of cool people. Thanks guys.

5. ^^^^^^^^^^^That thing measures liquids, not solids.

6. I stopped when I saw the price tag :D

7. I have a few "fancy" gauges, they work very well but you have to make 100% sure you keep them calibrated or you will get false readings, sometimes with fatal results...:eek:

8. nutrient suppliers love the fact that all these fools are overfeeding and they have no problem leading you down that path....the more you use the more you buy and the more money they make...as long as they are making money they could give a shit about the quality of your plants.

digital meters are good, but like someone else said...if they arent calibrated you could be battling false problems.

thanks for the info AW!:smoking:

9. Looks like someones trying to cut down on PMs lol
    Great info, I saved it...Im just starting hydro this is definately gonna help

10. incredible compilation of information!

11. So the hanna testers cant be effectively used for soil grows??

12. nah they work great for measuring the PH and PPM of the nutrient mix that you add to your soil.

assuming everything is the proper PH when it goes in, and you flush regularly.. then your soil PH shouldn't really ever be a problem and very rarely ever need to be tested.

if your mix is too high or low PH or if you overfeed and let salts build up in your dirt then you'll end up with possible soil PH issues.

thanks for all the props on this info.. but again it was a copy and paste job from Mandala Seeds.

13. For the liquid which goes in to your (soil) grow but not the soil itself.

14. really great thread august! +rep i have a dumb question, wtf does ec stand for? heeeeeeeelp

15. EC=Electrical conductivity :)

16. here's some info explaining it.

TDS and pH Explained | BGHydro

17. thnx guys i think im on the right track now. i was totally unaware of this lol big help!!

18. glad we could help man.. good luck!

19. Wasn't tryin' to steal your thunder Aug. But i realize you can't be everywhere, all the time. Just lending a hand. :)

20. That was a fantastic read. Everyone should be required to read this before, during and after growing. Thanks AW and Mandala.