Fertilizer Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crasha51pan, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Found a fertilizer on the shelf called Ferti-lome 9-59-8. My plants are outside, some in pots and some in the ground. They are starting to flower so my question is "what about this fertilizer for the blooming stage" ? Never seen a number that high before, I know you want a low nitrogen content and the package says "for blooming plants"

TIA...

2. Not familiar with that fert, the NPK ratio is OK for flowering stage.

3. To be safe, i'd try it on a couple plants and keep an eye on them. I've never heard of that either, but the NPK is about right.

4. Here is my confusion:

Ferti-loam 9-59-8
    Fox Farm "Big Bloom" .01-.3-.7

Both are for the "blooming stage" yet they are sooooo far apart. How can that be? FF "BB" gets pumped alot for the blooming stage (notice the decimal point) yet the "59" number is higher than I have ever seen....Just confused !!!!

Hoping someone can explain it to me....

5. #5 NOVA, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
    The FFis telling you how many lbs of each major nutrient per 1000sq. ft. Where as the other stuff is giving you the number to do the calculations in the NKP calculator below. Pretty much the info I would need to help you out would be lbs of the bag, and the coverage area of the bag. Or better yet here is the best NKP calculator I can find for you, and you might learn more by doing it yourself :)

6. Also Big Bloom isnt really a flowering fert. Its used the entire grow, lots of good micro nutes, Tiger Bloom is the flowering fert by FF.