Fertilizer and superthrive?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jessums, Feb 18, 2018.

1. My plants are about 3 weeks old now curious to know if I could mix my super thrive and Miracle grow bloom booster in same 1 gallon jug? I didn't see a problem with that I just want to make sure before I went through with it

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I wouldn't do it. I have no science to back that up. Just keep it simple reasoning is all. You sure you want to hit young plants that hard with nutes? Btw I only have used MGBB at 1/2 strength.

3. NO!
    MG sux by itself..ST is great for certain things..but not so early (like transplanting etc)
    Seedlings need NOTHING for maybe 2-3 weeks as food is stored in those round starter leaves..

explosion.gif

• Like Like x 1
  4. So once my round ones die I should start nutes? Also do you think this is a phosphorus deficiency? Because I did some searching and I'm unsure some people say it's natural but it has some spots so I don't think so...

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Dude leave them alone...they are fine. Make sure the little flecks of stuff on those leaves are nothing though like bugs or larvae ...hard to tell on pix. The spots are nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Just some dust from fan on leaves, I'll leave them alone it just made me nervous because that's the worst looking one but all 4 of my plants are starting to get the red stems

7. Do some reading, smoke a J and chill..LOL..
    It is a bit early for any deficiency, but always good to be alert!
    Growweedeasy.com is a great site.
    Depending on your medium (soil), hot soils like Fox Farm ocean Forest, have enough nutes in it for about 3-4 weeks..THEN begin looking for defs., and add nutes beginning with 1/4 strength or so.
    Superthrive is VERY potent and should be used maybe ONCE during the plant's lifetime..NOT in flower either..

Plz stay clear of Miracle Grow ANYTHING. Time release nutes and Cannabis is a poor mix.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I made my soil with organic (low low nutes) couple bags of seed starting mix what they started in and bag of work casting and some rocks, growweedeasy is actually what made me nervous it had some phosphorus deficiency pictures that looked similar but also said in some genes it's natural... so even if the mg is water soluble don't use it? Off topic but trust me I would be smoking if I could right now trying to get a good job atm hopefully gonna be able to smoke these babies in a few months 1519002357913.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. I don't grow in Organic soil, so others can help as to when, but Miracle Grow products contain time release fertilizers that can really screw up if not kill your grow..Eith that said..there are some that do very well with it..just sayin!
    besides, they are owned by Monsanto (land of GMO) and I don't buy stuff they make, although it's getting harder and harder as they buy up companies..GH is one that they bought (I use GH PH products and Armor SI, but..I like the stuff and is cheaper than many others...LOL)
    I spend the $$ on Canna nutes..:)

• Like Like x 1
    1. EDIT,,Forgot..Plants need LESS Nitrogen ( NOT 15%) in FLOWER..In fact heavy N will screw bud development! Nitrogen is needed more in veg!!
    Canna Terra Flores is like 2% and I thought that was a bit high..Canna specializes in Cannabis products and they know!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for the info sir, I'll give mg one or two waters see how they like it, if I don't see good results I'll just invest in some better nutes if the kids start to look sick or anything I'll post an update of them somewhere around here

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh damn well screw the mg then lol they would be on fire so I'll definitely invest in some better nutes

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Always remember..LIGHTING is the food, and Nutes are the Vitamins..Many growers think the Nutes are more important! The plants need WAY more good light in flower than they do in Veg.
    If costs are an issue with lights..see how much they really cost us..ie: I run about 1200 LED watts (from the wall..not BS marketing watts)
    Here is a neat free calculator. (look around..a great site)
    YOR - Advanced Energy Cost Calculator

13. Plants look fine they are not even hungry looking. I could get by with grow big and big bloom till flower time then go.to tiger bloom. If u can get that. They have a feeding chart too. MG is a don't the boys are right

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. how about these companies? These companies are under Scotts.
    United States[edit]
    • Black Magic
    • Blossom
    • Bovung
    • Can-Filters
    • Earthgro
    • Ecoscraps
    • Gavita
    • General Hydroponics
    • Greenlight
    • Hawthorne Gardening Company
    • Hyponex
    • Miracle-Gro
    • Ortho
    • Ortho Elementals
    • Osmocote
    • Scotts
    • Scotts Lawn Service
    • Supersoil
    • TOMCAT
    • Vermicrop Organics
    • Whitney Farms
    Outside the US[edit]
    • Can-Filters
    • Celaflor
    • Evergreen
    • Fertiligene
    • Gavita Holland B.V.
    • KB
    • Pathclear
    • Scotts Ecosense
    • Substral
    • Weedol

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Yep..Back door entry..These corps suck!
    At least as far as I know, Canna is an old line Amsterdam company and not owned by a third party..
    Problems are that small companies develop good products and then are gobbled up by predators.
    I have 5 liter jugs of the stuff, just to save $$.

16. Some of these companies are great.and still are. GH makes solid products that have been used by many growers for years, Can filters makes great filters and fans who has great customer service, I can go on and on. No one puts a gun to these companies heads and makes them team up with Scott's. Instead, Scott's enables these companies to stay competitive by providing them with distribution networks, mitigate liabilities, better control costs, investment in r and d, and getting these products into expensive shelf space like Home Depot and other big name retailers so as to keep your favorite product readily available and affordable. It isnt always the big guy beating up the little guy. Often it is a win win and we the consumer win too by being able to get great products, convieniently and affordably. I am going to light up some blackberrt og now with a few hundred dollar bills I have laying around here while I play the board game Monopoly.

17. MJ Money.jpg

• Like Like x 2