fertalizer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by provin1327, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Well i'm thinking that i'm going to need to get some fertalizer here soon so I have a few questions.

1. I am growing soil

2. I have low money (to spend)

3. It's a secret grow

4 I don't want to have a huge thing of ferts lol

So what brand should I get, and should the npk levels be 20-12-12 and if I cant find one 20-12-12 should I get one thats has N highest. I am in veg right now.

2. man, I got all the ferts I'll need for many grows, all about $20 with shipping.

Mexican Bat Guano (10-2-1) for veg, Jamaican Bat Guano (1-10-0) for flowering - and they throw in a free bag of worm castings - excellent auxilliary source of nitrogen.

Its all purely organic, which means your buds WILL taste and smell better than those grown with chemicals. and, they have all the extra trace elements and nutrients inside of them. Micro-organisms that will begin populating the soil break down the guano into usable minerals and elements for your plants.

CHEAP CHEAP - I can't tell you the website due to the grasscity "no competitor linking" rule, but i can tell you that its extremely easy to find it available through a simple "Mexican bat guano" search on google.

3. sorry I just wanna get some stuff in town at a store, so do I have my numbers right?

4. As a general rule, you want something with more N than P or K for veg and something with more P and less N or K for flowering.

The hard part is figuring out exactly what your specific plant wants.

5. I always heard that anything developed for tomatoes was a close approximation to what mj needed.

6. I've heard that too, but I think the idea is that if it's safe for food it's safe for your smoking material, too. I don't know exactly what tomatoes like, but I found this

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/1624.html
    Tomatoes respond well to fertilizer applications, especially phosphorus. Excess nitrogen fertilizer can result in plants with extremely vigorous vine growth but little fruit production. Apply 2-1/2 to 3 pounds of a complete fertilizer, such as 5-10-10, 5-20-20, or 8-16-16 per 100 square feet of garden area. Work the fertilizer into the soil about 2 weeks before planting. An additional sidedressing of a nitrogen fertilizer may be desirable after the first cluster of flowers have set fruit.

and MG Tomato food is 18-18-28. Many tomato spikes are high in P, like a bloom booster fert. So I guess I'd say cannabis' needs != tomatoes' needs.

7. thanks thats what i needed to no.

8. u can go ahead n get a 10-10-10 all purpose plant food, for flowerin u cant supoer bloom witch i think theirz one that gotz 10-60-10........scuhtlz i thinkz is da brand for da super bloom... also itz better to make one invesmetn then going back for a other grow to get some more fert... i got me a big organic fert bag.. i have it in a container, so it will last me yrz.....lol.. n in da long run itz gonna be cheaper...

9. wtf, all i heard was 10-10-10 for veg and 10-60-10 for flower. is that right?

10. He's suggesting you get a balanced fertilizer to begin with and use a bloom booster fert in flower.

11. Hey Zalza, when you use that bat guano, does it make the grow room smell like shit? Does it smell at all? You just mix it in the soil right? Do you mix the veg guano in the seedling soil or mix it in after the plant is a few weeks old? Thanks

12. Bat quano does not smell at all.. has zero smell...

I can tell you coz i scooop it up by the bag loads from our local bat caves and its FRESH!!! out of the bats assholes :) but i dont use the fresh stuff only the dried. In some spots in the cave your almost waist high in the stuff.

Its dry and powdery, like baby powder... you use very little of it, i mix it in when i change to my 7 or 10 gallon pot and never add it again... Very strong stuff . for 7 gallon i use my 2 hands put together as if im giving an offering and use one scoop of that for enough soil to do Five 7 gallon pots.

I dont know if the quano you buy in the stores is 100% guano or mixed with some other crap, so follow the directions it gives you, i know my shit (litterally) is the real deal.

13. im pretty sure these bags of guano I have are %100 bat poo.

Looking into the bag, I see a buncha little turdies floating in a brown/grey powder.

label says All Natural, too ;)