fertalizer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by provin1327, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Well, i'm getting into my grow here and I want to be prepared, so when should I add ferts, and what kind. I hear I should use fert npk levels of 5-20-10 for flower and 25-15-15 for veg. Is this correct? What brand should I use?

2. Yes your NPK numbers are correct. If you have a hydroponic store near you pick up some fertilizer there that is specifically meant for MJ. If you do not go to the local nursery and pick some up there but, try to stay away from Miracle Grow. Start to feed seedlings after they are about 2-3 weeks old and even then start the ferts at quarter or half strength.

3. Ok but how do I o how much to put in?

4. Follow the directions that come with the fertilizer. If there are none put in one half to one teaspoon of fertilizer per gallon of water. However, the first time the plants get fertilized you should put in about half to quarter strength of that.

5. Well I dont pour in my water by the gallons, just with a little sprey bottle of distilled water. So how do I no when I have a gallon gone?

6. for one its not the best idea to spray water onto your plants indoors because water refracts light and can damage your leaves and plants due to the light source being so strong and close to the plants. outdoor the light source is much further away so it can be ok...well it does rain outside so the leaves do get wet...but anyways i would pour my water on the soil and to give it nutes i would just mix the fert with my 1 gallon distilled water jugs. then when i ran out of that gallon the next gallon i would mix more nutes in so it will be stronger and progessed that way. peace