Fermented nettle fertilizer, need anything else?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by qetuo12, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Dr Lump,

That's the article that i have on file soemwhere around here. Mine is different/longer and was a recirculated magazine article that was printed with permission and alongside an interveiw, but i think the originol content is somewhat intact, i will now go double check to see if anything is missing from my file that i might get from that site. Didn't remembered what the teas/brews were called, but they are worth a nobel prize if you ask me. He kinda turned farming in the Phillipines on it's ear. He has good karma. I have some files from India too(more interesting practices to note and use). Their govenment took the pestisides from the farmers like 15 years ago and that's when they started using milk, spices, meals and oils to keep the pests away and saw better growth from their efforts, and the shift in farming went to feed-the-soil and enrich bio-life about 8 years ago. Seems to me they are way ahead of the US for ag practices; we live on depleted soil without micro life that creates nutritionally berift veggies that grow from bags of salty ferts from processed human waste shit and no minerals and we think we're a superpower. My ass.

Thanks.

2. "The results indicate stinging nettle, a nitrophilic weed, has the potential to be used as an organic fertilizer to replace other conventional fertilizers."

Damn I wish I could have known about using nettle a long time ago. how long do you have to let it ferment for?

3. Eucalyptus, laurel, bay, as well as any other pungent aromatic leaf is great for compost as long as it's treated first. Before adding them in you'll want to let them sit in a river until they get dark brown and the smell mellows into a very sweet smell. The leaves will look sort of like tea when they're ready. Don't add the leaves before then or there's a good chance the antimicrobial properties in the essential oils will still be intact. I think that running water is also necessary so you can't just sit them in a bucket of water and wait for them to ready(I have a creek so I haven't tried, could be wrong). It really gives my compost a hint of sweetness not to mention heating it up nicely.