Ferment discussion

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by alt_organix, Jan 9, 2018.

1. #281 old shol4evr, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  2. Its a bit didferent though as I want a fermented source of humus/nutrients/microbes and not have to brew. If this mother culture works out I won't have to brew - just dilute with water or for a topdress I can mix with more EWC or perlite what have you.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. #283 old shol4evr, Aug 24, 2018
    delete

4. Papaya will provide the most enzymes. But yes, I followed the SARRA / CGNF-India examples. Which calls for Papaya, Mango, Banana, Apple, and Melon (I used Cantaloupe, for its high potassium)

Prepare and ferment them separately and then either jar separately or mix equal parts of each for later use.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. #285 old shol4evr, Aug 25, 2018
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  6. #286 old shol4evr, Sep 8, 2018
    delete

7. Question for you all got a few ferment I've been using for awhile now. Have been using them as more of a flavor/terp enhancer. I was curious if anyone would have a suggestion to ferment or even an otc item I could use to boost the ''sour" in my sour kush

8. I finished my first FPJ. I made it from cantaloupe. I saw brownguy420 talking about it once. Started it on the 18th and just finished feeding my plants with it today. I did dilute it a little compared to what the unconventionalgardener rocommends. I did 1tbsp/14.75ml for one and half gallons of water instead of 1 gallon. I guess i’ll see what happens with my plants:confused_2:

9. Hopefully it helps bring my brix % up too. I heard it’s the easiest way to get your numbers up. On my next run I think I’ll start a grow journal. :popcorn:

10. @oldshol4evr Don’t worry about pH. KNF is acidic for the most part. It buffers out thanks to the microbes in the soil. The only solutions that will be neutral or slightly alkaline are the ones where you add something alkaline like WS-K.

However, if you’re concerned, you can “lighten the load” by sticking to the alternating between these solutions each feeding rather than trying to cram it all into one. Cho intended it to be alternated.

[​IMG]

For example, in veg, you’d do “Leaf Enhancement” one feeding, plain water, then do “Flower/Root Enhancement” the next feeding, then water, back to Leaf, etc. then as you get to crossover, you’d apply Cho’s full crossover solution. Then once you’re in flower you’d alternate as needed. Probably continue with the Leaf - Root for 3 weeks or so, then start switching between “Flower/Root” and “Fruit”.

@Galbrax There is no way to increase specific terpenes. It doesn’t work like that. KNF is basically homeopathy, and even if you increase your ratios beyond 1:500 so your solution is more potent, it still wouldn’t increase terpenes that way. Your strain will have its terpene profile determined by genetics. All you can do is use KNF (or whatever methodology you follow) accordingly and potentiate that terpene profile.

@AKpermafrost I’m not familiar with the unconventional gardener. But good luck. Doesn’t sound like you increased too drastically. It should be *fairly* hard to burn or anything with FFJ/FPJ. As with anything else, the main issues come from FAA and anything vinegar based like us KNF practitioners use such as Water Soluble Cal Phos, Water Soluble Calcium Acetate, and Fulvic Acid. Not sure if you have anything like that, but if so, those are the only ones to watch out for.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm just curious does anyone have any simple say fermented juice Bloom and veg recipes? And do you have to add Labs with these or is that not necessary?

12. I've never use LABs or anything just brown sugar and what ever plant material or fruit/veggies

13. Curious if any of you would have a good basis in chemistry. So I run a recreational grow here in Washington state using No-Till in combination with ferments and teas. No foliar sprays just water feeding. We use habenero peppers and neem/karanja mix ground and steeped asin want water as mite spray. We just recently got a series of tests done by state and had an interesting chemical come back called O-Phenylphenol. I would like some other opinions on where this could be coming from, at first glance upon reading about it on Google it says used as a anti-fungal in preserving some fruits/vegetables; it seems it could come from the ferments but we don't use it as a foliar spray. Only the habeneros as a foliar. Curious if anyone has any idea or could help a fellow greeny.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Curious what kind of neem/karanja spray you are using? Sounds like a pretty nasty chemical.

P-

15. Build a soil blend. Bought the big 5 gal bucket been working on it awhile.

16. Only other foliar we use along side that BAS blend is Habeneros, which I'll admit is hard to find Organic Hot Peppers in the rural area we are in so I have used non organic peppers. Also use pervasin.

17. Grow your own! Prolly don’t need that many to make your spray.

“You are unlimited!”
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

• Like Like x 2
  18. My gut us telling me the O-Phenylphenol is coming from the inorganic hot peppers!
    Like what Prepper said, grow yer own peppers. Perhaps that will work things out!
    Best of luck to ya mate!

Sent from my Pixel using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  19. does anyone else see any difrence in Em and Lab
    im making homemade Em and only difrence i see in the two is Lab is made with milk
    the Em will test out finish product at 2.5 to 3
    but ive never test ph of the Lab have you?

• Like Like x 1
  20. new endevor
    got a fresh batch of cactus after the snow storm
    so my plan is to burn off quills first , then skin the cactus and use this for a new ferment
    ive tried to ferment it in the past with the skin on and it did nothing , so this time trying it skinned
    in a hot climate do you think it would benifit feeding your plants

• Like Like x 1