Ferment discussion

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by alt_organix, Jan 9, 2018.

1. I see. I’ll go ahead and give that recipe a try in the soil tomorrow then. I’ve been doing soil drench feedings twice per week and a foliar once per week (can’t remember if I already mentioned this..) but I’ll go ahead and try it with one, stronger soil drench per week.

Not using SIPs, just regular 15 gallon pots.

One other question I had about the recipes you shared... I notice it doesn’t mention LAB. How much should I use? Should I just continue on with the standard 1:1000 for that input?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. I just refer to the app or dr. Cho’s manual. Another good source is Cho Global Natural Farming, SARRA IndiaYou need to know how and why to apply the certain ferments. The flip side is IMO and uptake depending on environmental factors.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have the SARRA / JANONG publication as well as the app. You’re saying that you follow what the app says > the recipes you shared a few posts back?

I understand about knowing when to apply different ferments... I have a pretty solid understanding, except for when the calcium acetate should come in during the flowering stage. I’m thinking that, say, if a strain needs to flower for 9 weeks, maybe start adding it around week 5 or 6...? Does that sound appropriate in your opinion? Again, been adding CalPhos the entire time like the App instructs, so it’s been getting calcium all along. Just need to know when it needs the additional calcium from the WCA.

Thanks for everyone’s input so far by the way. I hope I don’t seem ignorant or obstinate. I’m honestly trying to “get it”.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #264 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

5. #265 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    delete

6. We all learn from each other. It’s a process.

I’m not saying my way is it. I’m learning as well. Here’s my weekly tea.
    8B74DACC-2AE7-4727-97C8-EC7BF2679CBB.jpeg
    What I do is, my OHN is 6 parts (6ml Angelica 3ml cinnamon 3ml licorice 3ml garlic 3ml turmeric) I get a little heavy measuring to make up the 1ml. To this I add the FAA (depending) FPJ (always) Vinegar (always, but I alternate vinegars) SEA (always) LAB (always). The WCA and WCP I use sparingly because of my soil composition. If you wanted to add WCA I would probably do it during the stretch or early flower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. #267 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    delete

8. #268 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    delete

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
  9. #269 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    delete

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
  10. #270 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    delete

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
  11. #271 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    delete

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      2.8 MB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      2.8 MB
      Views:
  12. #272 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    delete

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      2.6 MB
      Views:
  13. #273 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    delete

14. I'm not currently using ferments, but did do quite a bit of research on the subject some time ago...

It's my understanding that the use of soluble Ca ferments is to offset the "stress" that a plant goes through during the transition between vegetative growth and flowering. To me, that means that you utilize the ferment from light switch until good flower onset is realized, so the first 2-3 weeks at the begging of the "flowering" stage.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Got it. I added it to the feed yesterday. I’ll continue with one feeding per week and add the wca for the next 2. Thanks again everyone.

16. The screen shot I posted was from the KNF app available in the App Store. The other charts can be found in the KNF pdf I posted a few posts back and Welcome to Natural Farming Hawaii • Natural Farming Hawaii

HTH

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thanks again @FickySiskers. Like I said I had been following the app until posted here. Still not sure why one says to use wca during early flower and the other doesn’t, but oh well. Figured it can’t hurt.

When should we stop adding a nitrogen source?(FAA, Fish Hydrolysate, etc.) again, the Natural Farming Hawaii pdf you listed says to stop during “Fruiting”, but what stage / how many weeks of flower would that be for cannabis?

18. At this point I’m just watching them and judging based on that. I’d say it also depends on what your growing and that transition period. I have a majority of sativas, that transition (stretch) can go for 4 weeks before they settle down to flower production. Shortly after that I would back off the nitrogen. I have one sativa that senesce is going a little fast for my liking so I think some kelp is in order. Everyone else looks excellent and super healthy. IMO3 going down this week with IMO4 beds to follow.

IDK how long you’ve been at this but my KNF tea mix smells dead on like the old “Earth Juice” line.

19. #279 old shol4evr, Aug 14, 2018
    delete

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      2.6 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Howzit friends! I'm about 80 posts deep on this thread and it's very interesting.
    I've been on an experimental kick lately, and this is just the kind of stuff I want to dive into. I thought maybe I could post here and get some info from this group's experience if you people are inclined to share.
    Anyway, I have my worm bin going and the vermicompost isn't all finished but I want to use some as the microorganisms source instead of going out and collecting some IMO.
    I have a culinary background so my thinking is, I want to make a ferment of sorts that I keep around like a mother sourdough culture - a soil mother lol. I think this would make it easy to just take some "mother" and make topdresses, teas, and foliars. Say I take a bit of EWC to seed the bucket and add dry meals (alfalfa,kelp, etc) a bit of water and a sugar source and a breathable cover - will that sustain the active fermentation? Do I need another carbohydrate source? Then when I take some away I would feed the mother by adding some ingredients back.
    Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk