Ferilizer question

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by NycBlazer420, Feb 16, 2013.

1. hey im about to do my first grow this spring and im starting to gather the things im gonna use.its an outdoor grow and the materials i got so far are EcoScraps Garden Soil Mix,Alaska Fish Fertilizer,and nirvana bubblicious seeds would this be enough for 2 plant i dont want to buy to much because im on a tight budget and im just testing it out .

2. Sure. It would benefit you to mix in some compost but for a first grow that should work fine. Be careful with the fish tho - when you're growing outdoors animals just love to dig at your plants looking for that nonexistent fish!

One other real cheap thing you could do would be to mix a couple of handfuls of a blended organic fertilizer directly into the soil a month (or more, if possible) before you plant. Get something like the Epsoma Garden Tone, Tomato Tone or Dr. Earth or Down To Earth blended fertilizers. They are a bunch of different organic fertilizers all conveniently mixed together in one sack. You can usually get a 5 pound bag at a lot of hardware stores or Home Depot for cheap money.

It's important to make sure that your soil isn't wet and heavy. It should be reasonably fluffy so that the roots can go through it easily. If you're going to use a potting soil and (hopefully) some compost, see if you can get a small bag of ProMix or Sunshine Mix (sphagnum peat, lime and perlite) to mix with it. This will make sure that your soil doesn't stay waterlogged, which is a no-no.

Bigger holes with more soil make bigger plants, so go as big as you can!

Full sun all day is a must - you do not want shade.

If you follow these basic directions you'll do really well - just keep them moist all summer.

Good luck.

J

3. I don't mean to muck up this thread, but isn't some shade during the course of a day desirable, more so towards the end of the harvest?

Degradation of THC and all that jazz...

May be the incorrect line of thought, I was just curious. :smoking:

4. Not as far as I'm concerned - full sun all day is where it's at.

We don't shade our grow rooms right?

J

5. ive had outdoor plants that got partial shade every day, and the results were less than stellar lol. but they were also left alone with time release ferts and no extra water except the rain for flowering.

6. Some times I wish we had two Suns.
    mj

7. If your going with a concentrated fish fertilizer I would use a hydroslate(cold processed)like Neptune Harvest or comparable.
    The AFF is an emulsion and it loses all the beneficial enzymes when making. Plus the emulsion uses a chemical to process and is not desirable for micobes....