Femmed seeds = Hermie?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shambles, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Okay so, AFTER i went and bought my seeds, (kushberry) from DNA genetics, i have heard alot about feminized seeds going hermie, so i just tried to hope for the best and not stress them or anything.

And of course, walk into my garden today and do an inspection and of course, at least two of my plants are turning hermie.. this fucking sucks.

It shouldnt be from stress, becaue they havent moved since they hit the screen,

Lights off temps are at 65 and lights on are 75..

Now, im going to aviod feminized seeds for next time, glad i didnt clone these guys..

Was it the seeds that more than likley went hermie? instead of somethign that i have done??
    thanks blades.

2. Fem seeds dont always turn into hermies. Ive had good luck with fem seeds so far, but I dont doubt that theyre what caused your herms. Sorry to hear that man. The fem seeds Ive had good luck with so far were from Greenhouse Seeds and Reserva Privada, if that helps ya any. I think Im gonna try to find some good moms out of a regular pack myself next run though. IMO your better off pullin males than risking getting hermies.

3. Yeah, since i have a full bedroom to work with now, im going to make another veg chamber and order some reputable seeds from serious seeds. im thinking white russian.. Anyway i going to plant them all, take clones and sex them. See which one looks the healthiest and better traites and use her for my mother.

im going to try and have a one month perpetual grow in the next six or so months. i just need some reputable seeds!

4. so if I were going to buy some seeds, buy regular seeds then. God I have been struggling with this the past few days and it is driving me crazy. It would be nice to not have to search for boys, but the hermie thing is scary and the risk stays around if you clone them.

5. yeah dude, im setting up my veg chamber right now, 600W Veg and 1000W Flower :hello:

going to grab some bubblegum seeds from Serious Seeds, 11 pack of regular seeds for 150.
    have heard nothing but good things about this strain, but if anybody had any other recommendations for some good strains throw em up at me :wave:

6. just cause they are femmed beans dont mean they will hermie. you do still want to purchase them from a reputable breeder

did ya check the room for light leaks? or just automatically point the finger at the breeder of the seeds?

7. My setup i find to be better than average, stable temps, no light leaks whatsoever. constant feeding scheduele.
    R/O water ONLY. SCROG with 6 plants/

here is a link.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...grow-600w-kushberry-o-g-kush-x-blueberry.html

8. i just peeped ur shit.... nice work im impressed. rep slap comin...

from the looks of it i would have to indeed agree it was ur beans....dont let that discourage you from femmed tho buddy.

try pluckin the nannaers as you find em....hopefully it wont get too heavy on you...

if any nanners pop open before you get to em be SURE to scrub your flower room down before throwin the next batch in

best of luck to ya

9. yeah it sucks, but oh well. going to buy some beans today. Serious seeds bubble gum.

still going to try and finish these guys though but if i start to see lots of bananas comin up im just going to cut the plant. not worth it. :(:(

but i think once i find a good mother that i can keep cloning i should be fine, once clones are rooted veg them under the 1000W MH for 2 weeks and than pop em into flower with the HPS.

Going to try and do a 10 plant one month perpetual, with havesting a half lb every month. lets see if i can do it!!

stay tuned to my journal!

10. ill go sub now. def gonna hang round nd see what ya can do bro.

little bit of patience and you'll be rockin and rollin soon enough.

11. #11 Lay Low, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
    Fem seeds are well known to have a higher probability of going hermie. That said it's not a huge chance. Somewhere around 1% maybe. I have no problem growing plants from fem seeds, but I would never make a mother from one.

12. Reserva Privida and DNA are made by the same kats! :laughing:

13. A good breeder will use a plant that doesnt bave a big hermi trait in it then use a chem to make male flowers grow and pollenate the plant..they all carry the herm trait..out of about 100 plants ive grown theres been just as many hermid regular seeds as there was hermid fem seeds..big difference between a chem indiced herm and a plant that herms in a perfect environment

14. Chemically induced hermaphrodites used to make female seeds generally will carry a percentage of the trait over to the offspring.
    Look at the people who grow Green House genetics... Mad hermies.

15. Yeah I hear that but im just saying that fem seeds are pretty safe..in my case ive had as many or more reg seeds herm than fem seeds....i guess if you look into the breeder you could probably make your chances better ...like greenhouse seeds..i got some white widow from them...two out of five hermied and I was pulling nanners from em every day..it was a pain in the ass..anyway I dont have a point just relaying my experience with fem seeds..i have eight fem plants right now, but next time im growing out like twenty plants from reg seeds and keeping the ten best..

16. Greenhouse is the perfect example of a shit genetics retailer...back in the day when they were a big name before eoght thousand seed cos came out, arjan had a plan to get rich and I dont think betterment of the plant was a concern..
    Btw I believe it was three of the five now that I recolect..it was years ago..never got shit from them again

17. Word! I've grown green house gear to and it sucks balls.. Mad nanners.
    When growing regular seeds if it's a stable line you shouldn't get a hermie, maybe 1/100, from my experience sativas tend to hermie more, like Thai crosses for example.
    When it comes to seeds I go with breeders such as Subcool, REZ, Dj Shorts (occasional hermie from thai genetics), Ace, Sam the Skunkman, Neville, Shanti, BOG, Chimera, Legend etc..
    I tend to ignore the trendy shit like Green House, DNA (reserva privida), DInafem etc..
    Just my personal opinion but I think DNA is trash along with GH and Dinafem.
    I avoid fem. varietys entirely as almost every fem seed I've ever bought has hermied on me.. Not due to growing conditions, stress or light leaks either.
    All of my reg. seeds come out fine.

18. #18 AMEX Accepted, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    I will elaborate a little on the subject but not get into it as I can write for an hour about the history of green house...
    Bottom line is when Shanti (Mr Nice Seeds) and Neville left Green House they took their prized cuts and genetics with them...
    It is said that very very few GH strains are the originals as Arjan did not have access to Shanti and Neville's stock.
    Their Great White Shark is a remake, their widow and rhino are remakes to.
    Shanti actually bred all of those three lol.
    There are many more to name but those three are the ones that come to mind immediately.
    I am super stoned off of this Ketama hash so I will be leaving now LOL.

EDIT: Also this was before GH turned into a completely feminised operation.. Shanti and neville wont stand for such bullshit. Anybody who produces purely fems is not to be trusted...
    Chemdawg 91 femmed? RIIIIGHT, try to self that clone, I've tried, it does not work properly..
    As for their bubba and all that other crap you can look up grows on ICmag and see all of the hermies people get. The only good thing from GH is the Lemon Skunk and the Lemon Haze.