feminizing your own seeds

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by camallam, Mar 23, 2008.

1. I'm going to be growing some lowrider 2s in 5 litre pots using natural light. I have feminized seeds on their way. I'd like to continue feminizing my plants to continue to have many seeds. I was wonder if any one had any experience producing their own feminized seeds and what advice they would give? I have a bottle of GA3 on it's way as well.
    my limited understanding is that .01 salution of GA3 in water whould be spread on the plants. but when should the plants be spread?
    Thanks for any help.

2. WTFRUTA??? anywaysm i havent heard if that GA3 or w/e but if you want to feminize your gurls just take the males out when you first see signs of them, this wont be till later on in flow. Also, if its a good strain, you can collect the pollen sacks, put them in a sealed box and shake it up some to loosen them up, then you can use a screen to filetr the pollen for later grows if you want to cross breed. Happy Growin

3. The seeds i bought are female lowriders 2s. So there should be no males. I want these female plants to grow pollin sacks so that they make more female seeds. I want to supply myself with female seeds so i don't have to keep buying seeds.
    Has anyone ever done this?

I didn't mean spread, I meant sprayed.

4. unless one of the plants turn out to be hermie they wont produce female seeds. Why dont you just clone your plants. take a cutting early and you can get 2 harvests per summer with lowrider#2

5. but the only way to get seeds from theose female plants is to stress them until they hermie. but i would not suggest it. frostie is right seeds are sub par to a mother plant. thats your best bet if you want to reproduce more plants. and when you use a mother plant your trimmings re already plants and once roots are established on like a week or so you can start to flower. you need male and female plants to mae seeds not just female.

6. You need to stress one of your lowriders into being hermie, make sure all don't go hermie though. You'll need to let the hermie pollinate a female and viola feminized seeds the quick way(seeds on female are feminized). Seeds are a good safe keeping in case you have to sacrifice all your plants, however clones would be better if you can keep a mother.

7. A Hermie - Hermaphrodite is both, male and female and has pollen sacs as well as white pistils. If the plant a female from seed, and stressed into hermie, it should have 1/4 chances of being a male and 3/4 chances of being a female when it pollinates itself. By stressing the plant, it makes part of the plant become male. When the hermaphrodite plant pollinates itself, the seeds have a 75% of being female and a 25% chance of being male. A seed cannot (as far as I know...) be 100% female because you would still need the pollen from the male part of a plant to create the seed. By in-breeding hermaphrodites over multiple generations, the seeds will become more and more female but will always have male genetics in the plant. To in-breed a hermaphrodite over multiple generations, the plant would need to be stressed into hermaphroditism every generation or the plant would just end up being plain male or female.
    I am pretty fucked up on 20 milligrams of Ambien at the moment, so feel free to point out and misconceptions in my post if I made any. Plus I don't feel like making a punett square. Okay... I do so maybe i'll post it a bit later.

8. i'm pretty sure that it is lowryder #2 autoflower femenized...

1. after one week of growth take one(1) plant and interupt it's growth cycle like this...12on-5off-1on-6off-12on..use a seperate grow room

2. do this for one week...this will create a hermie(this plant will have both parts but will still only have XX chromosomes)

3. now take another plant and set it by the hermie for a couple weeks

4. dispose of the hermie because it has a sex ratio of 25%male, 25%hermie, and 50% female(no gain in percentage then from natural breeding

5. the loner plant will produce 95%female and 5% hermie/male....

6. the lone plant produces only fem seed because the hermie only gave the loner an
    X chromosome...while the loner could only give an X...so your left with XX=female

hope this helps!!

9. Sorry for the bump, just letting you know.

You can flower the plant an extra 1-2weeks and it will begin to produce `banana` sacks. You can then nip them off and bag them in ziploc and store in freezer for when you are ready to pollinate another female. Recommended to use a paint brush to dab the pollen on the female.

I personally haven't tried it but Zandor spoke of it. I want to try the DIY Colloidal Silver Generator method myself.

10. Sorry for the bump, just letting you know.

You can flower the plant an extra 1-2weeks and it will begin to produce `banana` sacks. You can then nip them off and bag them in ziploc and store in freezer for when you are ready to pollinate another female. Recommended to use a paint brush to dab the pollen on the female.

I personally haven't tried it but Zandor spoke of it. I want to try the DIY Colloidal Silver Generator method myself.

11. You want to do a search for collodial silver.

Hip

12. Yea i mentioned that in my post. Dont boost your post count

13. hey i ha low ryder growing 35 days now but no flouwer and i think
    is hermie (shit) and i think i stres my plants it just the very top is kink pal or
    litle yelow and the leafs are curling do u think thats a hermie plants

14. Re: Gibberellic Acid
    I posted this in another thread awhile back and it is an excerpt from the book" Marijuana Grower's Insider's Guide" by Mel Frank. I've had the book for like 15 years, but the info is still good:

15. #15 Oly, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
    I'm not sure if anyone out there has ever heard of Tireias Mist? I am going to add a testimonial about this awesome mist. Not knowing a whole lot about this, I took a chance on this feminizing solution. I had started to make collidial silver solution at 10 ppm, to try feminizing seeds. After trying this stuff, I will not use anything else!!!!!!!!! His stuff work better Than I thought, clean,easy, NOT time consuming. Just a couple of mists on the stem that will be feminized for 14 days, wait ~7 and walla, wappa, walla male flowers, with girl pollen. I highly recommend this solution to the beginner and expert seed farmer. I am not a beginner or a expert, this stuff works. I have no affiliation with this company, I just think good thing should not be kept a secret. This forum is how learned the correct way of producing my medical marijuanita. A big happy familia sharing info, tips etc...I will post some pics. The pics 1 thru 4, is a clone from mother plant(shown pic 5 mom in SCROG )Strain of plant Sour Diesel #2 .Pic 6 and 7 are close-up of budzzzz on mother plant. Trichomyyyyyy eh
    Oly

Attached Files:

16. #16 Oly, Nov 27, 2013
    [quote name="camallam" post="2370341" timestamp="1206283315"]
    I'm going to be growing some lowrider 2s in 5 litre pots using natural light. I have feminized seeds on their way. I'd like to continue feminizing my plants to continue to have many seeds. I was wonder if any one had any experience producing their own feminized seeds and what advice they would give? I have a bottle of GA3 on it's way as well.
    my limited understanding is that .01 salution of GA3 in water whould be spread on the plants. but when should the plants be spread?
    Thanks for any help.[/quote][quote name="camallam" post="2370341" timestamp="1206283315"]
    I'm going to be growing some lowrider 2s in 5 litre pots using natural light. I have feminized seeds on their way. I'd like to continue feminizing my plants to continue to have many seeds. I was wonder if any one had any experience producing their own feminized seeds and what advice they would give? I have a bottle of GA3 on it's way as well.
    Thanks for

17. Seeds are not sub par to clones. Clones are easier and faster but the average seed is 25 percent stronger and bigger than a clone.

18. CS as mentioned earlier or SodiumThioSulphate will reverse sex a plant. Any method that involves hermaphrodites will introduce that into the gene pool. This is why certain breeders' seeds have a tendency to grow balls on you. Shitty breeding.

19. #19 Oly, Nov 27, 2013
    This stuff really works

20. I'm told you use Colloidal Silver with at least 40 ppm and spray a bud site the first few weeks of flowering. It should grow balls from the stress. You'll have to save those pollen sacks to use. Either with that grow, or in the future. That's how I'm told it's done, but I haven't done it personally, so it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be a bit more than that. The other thing is don't spray the whole plant. Spray a couple braches and make sure you make them or put tape to ID them because any bud that may grow on those branches that were sprayed with the CS isn't good to smoke (although some argue that). I haven't done it yet, but plan to try some experimenting at some point. If you give it a go I'd love to see how it goes.