Feminized

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by piffcity09, May 10, 2009.

1. Am looking to buy seeds and wondering does feminized mean that all the plants are going to be female?

2. It means there is a better chance they will be female but its not 100% for sure your going to get all females. If you think the extra cash is worth it then go for it.

3. Not just a "better chance", it's usually 99% female with a smalllll chance of a hermie

4. I bought feminised seeds for the first time this year. So far those that have shown sex have indeed been female.

5. I was just after posting this on another thread:
    I've been using feminized seeds now for a couple of years now and will only go back to using regular seeds if i was cloning (SOG) or wanted to crossbreed.
    I've never heard of a male feminized plant, i had only 1 plant go hermie on me last year, it was one of my best plants and i didn't want to distroy it, so i kept it at the front and took particular care and attention to cutting the pollen sacks off it, and it grew out and harvested as good as the rest of my other plants.
    In my soil grow i germinate 20 feminized seeds (every month) to pick the best 15 plants from them. Yes, feminized seeds cost a little bit more than regular seeds. But when you think of the light/electricity, space, nutrients that regular plants use and not knowing how many females you'll end up with, it's a small price to pay. Plus, when i grow from seed i end up with a far better plant than i would from clone.

6. I bought Fem's too for the first time and i wont do it again,atleast make sure it has a proven track record first:smoking:

7. Yes, make sure it's a reputable breeder you buy from.
    Do you mean, you wont buy feminized seeds again?