Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Feminized vs Regular (same strain, same sex)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jayjay5396, May 24, 2012.

1. #1 jayjay5396, May 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
    high blades :smoke::smoke::smoke:

i wanna know if theres a difference between Feminized & Regular female bud

would one be better than the other?

does one plant produce more buds than the other?

would smell or appearance be different?

will the growing difficulty be different?

2. With feminized, your garauteed the plant will be female. Regular you could get males or females. Males are pretty useless, females grow bud.

3. Femonized is not 100% female , it's just more likely

4. Guys hes asking if u plant a regular seed of say Lemon Haze and it turns out to be female will it be better quality/higher yields than a feminized Lemon Haze plant? I think that it probably doesnt matter and they will most likely be very similiar if grown in same exact conditions but idk for sure

5. A feminized seed is going to be the same thing as a random seed that actualy turns out female... Only difference is that a feminized seed is gauranteed female. But theres not going to be a difference in either seed unless the way your grow it or the genetics are just weird/ or fucked with.

6. [quote name='"BlazedHhhavoc"']Femonized is not 100% female , it's just more likely[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I heard the fem seeds are a little more unstable and they have a better chance to hermi. I read this on GC so dont ask me to quote it. But bud wise they are the same.

7. #7 jayjay5396, May 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
    hmmmm no sorry you got me wrong

say i got a feminized white widow plant and a regular (female) white widow plant is there any difference in the buds both produces?

like taste smell potency yield?

basically i wanna know if regular is worth taken the risk with chances of male and female or should i carry on with feminized seeds?

i know regular seeds can be ether boy or girl but thats not why i asked this

thanks loud sticky yes this is exactly what i'm asking

8. #8 Doc-J, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    [quote name='"jayjay5396"']hmmmm no sorry you got me wrong

say i got a feminized white widow plant and a regular (female) white widow plant is there any difference in the buds both produces?

like taste smell potency yield?

basically i wanna know if regular is worth taken the risk with chances of male and female or should i carry on with feminized seeds?

i know regular seeds can be ether boy or girl but thats not why i asked this

thanks loud sticky yes this is exactly what i'm asking[/QUOTE]

Femmed seeds should have the same genetic qualities as the regular parents. They are just bred to remove the male gentics by using pollen from a female forced to grow male flowers to pollinate other normal females. Things like yield and smell may still defer within the same strain though, if the paticular breeder has multiple phenos within a strain.

Unless your wanting to breed I would recomend femmed seeds. It sucks to grow a plant two months to find out it is male. Femmed seeds are still top quality genetics.

9. so the removal of male genetics doesnt effect the potency or yield? ok thanks i'll stick to feminized :D

yeah i agree there my friend bought some cos they were cheap he got 10.

5 male
    2girls
    3 didnt work

in the end he got busted i tell ya id of been angry :mad: