Feminized Seedz

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LilDize, Feb 21, 2011.

1. never bought any seedz online yet but wuz wonderin' if anyone has ever had problems with "feminized" seedz? such as any of them turning out male? AND can fem'd seedz hermie?

i wouldnt imagine there would be any problems like this as theyre "FEMINIZED"...

2. I'm 5/5 on fem'd seeds being female, but excess stress can still cause them to hermie.

3. Feminized seeds certainly can hermie, just like "regular" seeds, if you stress them enough. The issue really is that some folks think feminized seeds are more likely to hermie. That is true when you are talking about home-brew feminizing methods and such, but the breeders who sell femmed seeds go to great lengths to stabilize their lines and only sell the ones that are reliable. From my experience and that of others who actually have used femmed seeds from reputable breeders there is no greater chance of them turning hermie than any other seed. Out of all the femmed seeds I've grown I've never had a hermie or a male.

4. great info all! yea i know its a duh question but when it comes to something like this where theres room for skepticism (especially if one has never tried em) then ya gotta ask. thx for replies!