Feminized seeds??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Eagleyedye, Nov 15, 2018.

1. So I attempted to make my own feminized seeds. Should of done more reading but what I did was cut a clone at pre flower of plant. Rooted clone and planted in small pot. Put inside immediately under 12/12. Towards end of flower I started to turn on small light in room during dark to hermie it. Well, it worked and I got 14 seeds!!! The bud is good too. Only grew the seeds at bottom of plant. Will these be feminized seeds?? [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Oh. Here is the cute little plant[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lol it's just one cola. Well done

4. Yeah. Ain't she cute!! About 8 grams dry. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mean bro!

6. Yes. Since the plant had only it's own genetic material to work with any seeds will indeed be female.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm not a breeder, but I've read a lot about making fem seeds at home. Yes, they'll be feminized because no male pollen was used to breed them, however, they may be more inclined to hermie because they were produced via a hermie. I have no experience or data to reinforce this, but this is what I've seen people online claim.

The method that I plan to create fem seeds with is supposedly less likely (or not likely?) to produce plants that will hermie, and that method uses colloidal silver. If you're curious, there are lots of people using similar methods with colloidal silver, but the journal that I found most comprehensive was this one. Page 26 has the closing summary with the important findings.

• Like Like x 1
  8. [

I suppose if nothing else, you'll have the opportunity to see if observations of cultivation experts like Mel Frank and Robert Connell Clarke hold water. That being, that seed derived from hermaphrodites tend to be more inclined to subsequently produce hermaphrodite off spring.
    I wonder if it holds any significance that the seed was from a cutting? Was the mother a seed plant or clone?

Cannabis seems to be a rather finicky plant in regards to being able to fix characteristics that are consistent. My experience has been that even if both male and female breeding pairs outwardly have all the same superficial physical characteristics, any earlier inherent genetic traits are still subsequently apt to come to the fore.

With that in mind, I'd imagine the inclination of a specific variety, by nature, to favor one gender over another, might also factor in.

9. The mother plant I got from a clone from a local farm. It's a pinniapple tsunami x with sour tsunami. I'd like to have it tested but just from smoking it it is low in THC. Very low. And high CBD which is what it's supposed to be. I think when I do grow more I'll be very careful not to stress them or have any light leaks. I do agree they may be finicky. Although, the mother plant which was grown outdoors pulled a half pound of seed free flowers thanks all for the feedback!! Here is mother plant before harvest[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG]

11. G'day mate,
    Sorry but "No" they will not Feminized Seed. What you done was the method of (Rodelization). All you done was stress the plant to Hermofrodite.
    You will have Male Chromosome's in the gentic's of the Seed you acquired.

Feminization is a process through a Chemical process, that "inhibit's" the Ethylene production (silver).
    Thus no Male Chromosome...
    Best of luck next time...