Feminized Seeds?? should i avoid them?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by letsmokeasweet, Jul 18, 2012.

1. i read up a few things but idk, it seems like they are hyping it up sooooooo.......

should i get these seeds? what exactly is so great about them?

2. Depends on the breeder, Femaleseeds probably do the best but I also like some of the others.
    I'm a big fan of feminized seeds.

Regs have the better strains IMO but feminized are good if you want some coffee-shop style bud at home :smoke:

3. Hey Wiz, had to let you know...I just planted my first non-ufo-fems :D

I chose a mixed variety of Female Seed Comp and Sweet Seeds. I'll let you know how it goes!
    Thanks for the prompting...

4. Feminized seeds from reputable breeders are in most cases just fine. I've grown with fem seeds for a while and the only problems I've encountered were caused by myself.

However, if you want a stable strain that you might want to grow again and again, it would be worth it to get the regular seeds. You will be able to choose from different phenotypes and once you have females identified and cloned you can perpetuate that strain indefinitely.

5. Barney's Farm feminized seeds are also top quality.

6. There is nothing wrong with fem seeds as long as they are from a good breeder. I have used both reg and fems and they both have their own merits. Stay to the good guys and you will be fine.

7. You can also do this with femanized strains.

8. Due to time and room constraints, I only grow feminized. Different breeders and strains and never had a single issue.

9. so would it be safe to say if i had a fem seed and a regular seed chances are the fem seed might have a beter outcome if both seeds are treated/grown the same way?

10. i am thinking of going with atitude right now. are there any breeds/brands that i should NOT get?

this is my first grow and i am trying to keep the cost low. allthough, i guess i would understand the advantage of paying an extra doller or so per seed...but would it really be worth it?

i am thinking of northern lights, green crack and another strain. something thats a 50/50

11. Green Crack is a clone only, not available in seed. Pick and mix, see what you like. I'm about to finally tell what I want to smoke for the rest of my life based on what I've grown so far within last 2 years.

12. If you get femms from one of the better breeders than you should be fine, get one from one of the wrong ones or stress the plant lots then you could get a hermie. I've never had a hermie with femms though and I'm not even one of the better growers.

Too many good and bad breeders to list, here are some of my favorite though.

Femaleseeds, Barney's Farm, Sweet Seeds, white label, Flying Dutchmen and many more :smoke:

13. #13 northlat, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    currently, i'm growing maroc, c-99 x-line ,and red dragon. female seed co. and barney's farm respectively. the barney's have all pre-flowered female, while the maroc has pre-flowered 1 male, 2 female, 2 undetermined. the c-99 x-line turned up male. i'm a bit dissappointed but that's how it goes. i probably will think twice before buying female seed co. products again......new update, well, the jury's still out on this post,i'm starting to think the fem flowers of this strain are something i haven't seen before. gonna wait till i pass judgement.

14. i guess i could have an alltime fav that i would want to smoke for the rest of my life to...but it seems like weed is always changing so i think i would love to try all the differnt strains if i can

all the differnt highs, differnt flavers/tastes, differnt looks, smells.....

15. I too discovered an odd looking set of preflower size/location/distribution/layout issues in my Big Buds, and it's consistently weird looking too, they look female until they sprout a set of balls, and they look male, but if you leave them for another 2 weeks, they shoot hairs out of a very odd looking round node with an elongated attachment that makes it appear male...

It's a more rare growing habit not seen in many years for me anyway. My old Panama Red's did it too.

Tell us what you get.

16. these look like you holding your fingers together and straight( sorta like bananas) the ones that put out hairs look the same.except with hairs.i think i'm just too eager with too high of magnification. need to be patient and let nature take it's course.(you'dthink i would have that figured out by now!):rolleyes::wave:

17. seems now like i jumped the gun, everything is growing like mad and looking female as they should. the pre-flowers on the maroc came out on little stems leading me to think them to be male. i'm much relieved and happy with the results from all products involved, even if they're much larger than advertised.(5 ft. so far and quite a ways to go till harvest):hello: