Feminized seeds...Question about clones

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Steven111, May 10, 2009.

1. Hello,
    Does anyone know if its okay to have a mother plant that was grown from a feminized seed? Are the clones that a feminized sedded mother produce okay?
    I read an old article from cannabis culture, It was from 2000 when the feminized seed technology was fairly new. It stated that in the article that clones from a feminized seed plant are not good to use. I was just wondering that 9 years later if this still is the case.

Thank you in advance for anyone taking the time to contribute to this post. :smoke:

2. they can be, but some can still be problematic.

the real issue with fems is two-fold in my mind. genetic bottlenecking (the seeds dont have proper genetic variation, as if a unique mother and father) which is only the case in self-pollinated fems.

the other is a tendency to hermaphrodite. this is the one most applicable to a mother / clone plant.

so long as your plant is resilient to stress, as in it doesnt intersex even when exposed to mild/moderate stress, then you should be able to take clones from it for some time, just as you would any other mother plant.