Feminized pollen from feminized seeds.....

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by irocdan68, Jan 21, 2010.

1. I have read about getting feminized pollen by using colloidal silver. My question being can you get feminized pollen from a female that you have gotten from feminized seed?. I have some feminized easyryder seeds from the joint doctor and was wondering if this technique would work on one of them. Thanks, :rolleyes:

2. Yes, the way feminized pollen is made is by forcing the female to produce pollen sacks that instead of having male pollen it will have female pollen (since the sacks were formed on a female plant)

But I could be wrong, don't really know how to make feminized seeds just yet.

3. well, actually that female produce pollen.
    Male balls grows on female plant keeping some female organs here & there.

@ irocdan68, no you can not use female from already feminized seeds to made another generation of fems.

4. #4 lessismore, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
    You can, but they will have even more hermie traits than they already have from the feminization process. I guess it is kind of the worst of both worlds IMO, auto-flowering ruderalis genetics along with induced hermie traits from female seeds....what more can you ask for.

5. #5 Outdo0rMaster, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
    Yes he can, but I on the start reject that idea like good one for good fems.
    However, it need time and time to find out right and unique plant for feminisation, and there is too big game with silver % but roots % too, exact time etc etc ....

However I salute any new experimental experience :wave:

EDIT : aaaaaaaaa femed ruderalis , what a frankenstein 0.o

6. Oh shit, I didn't even realize the OP was talking about an AF plant.

Could't the hermie pollen from the fem seed just be used to pollinate a different female and produe fem seeds?

(sorry for the half hijack; still on same subject though right?)

7. Well its not just problem in Af (i dont like AF), he planing to use female plant from already feminized seeds to made pollen with silver and pollinate some female (I hope its not same mom cut).

So using parents from feminised seeds is not right way to made nice seeds but hermies (read lessismore's post)

8. Thanks all for the input, It sounded like a good plan to get some Fem seed with the use of collidial silver but now that some new light has been shed on to it I see the problems that I would or could run into. But I'm thinking I might give it a try just to see..... :) Peace

9. I have tried forcing fems make balls from good seed and it works very well. Thing is, it seems you get a nice clone from a femised plant and spray it, then it grows balls but is shooting blanks or have a pollen count where 200 balls give you 1 ball worth of dust. I have made some seeds and they grew well. No hermidite stuff goin' on but generally the plant does not want to be bred with chunks taken off its former self. Set aside 10 to 20 plants in an area by itself and make lots of dual sex regular seed and over winter make fem seeds from that. Best bet yet.

• Like Like x 1