Feminists And The True About Wage Gaps

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Suck My Mind, Nov 18, 2011.

1. #61 Suck My Mind, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    My comment isn't insane but comparing someone who shoots needles and changes bed pans with a guy who's on a jack hammer all day as harder work is an understatement. Intelligence? Last time I heard you have to be pretty intelligent to build a home that doesn't collapse over someones head.

2. Of course nursing is more challenging than construction, last time I checked it's a field you can't even hope to get into an RN position without a BSN, over here nursinng a 4 year degree minimum. Of course it's physically more challenging to construct a house but it's physically challenging to move heavy boxes onto a truck.

Jobs that require more intelligence are generally better paid than manual labour. That's why the architect who designed the house and the civil engineer who figured out how it could be built earn a lot more than the guys who follow the instructions.

3. You have a pretty naive sense of how most homes are built don't you? Architect blueprints are just theory's in a formula not psychical elements that when the finally work begins a large percentage of the time need to be discredited and solved on site as quickly as possible, that's why the trade need to be skilled well. Most homes are built on the cheap as inexpensive as can be, civil engineers are usually only seen on larger jobs such and business or government since they usually eat up profit. Contractors are brought in to assign each department to their duties as the plumbers, electricians, wood workers and roofers are all Independent and in most cases wing it from the original design.

4. Well as an engineer I'd say architects blueprints are little more than pretty pictures, but that wouldn't be fair. A civil engineer still had to come up with the structure design and decide on materials at some point otherwise there wouldn't be a blueprint in the first place.

Like I said though, manual labour always pays less than jobs that require more intelligence. It's a lot easier to train as an electrician than it is to train as an architect. And a nurse. That's what you were complaining about, "women's jobs" (which in itself is a very sexist idea, to both men and women) such as nursing and secretarial work (because there are no male nurses or secretaries, lol) being paid more than manual labour. They're paid more because they're in a more difficult profession that's harder to train in. Your shallow attempts to link this in any way to gender just showcase your bias and actual motivation for creating this thread. Done.

5. All I see from this comment is an coagulation in back talking.

Tell this to an electrician, last time I saw it an architect can't die from drawing pretty pictures.

Complaining about, "women's jobs" as you put it is not at all sexist but in fact an angle from a differ in opinion. Calling someone sexist is just the same as calling someone racist, it's very offensive and demoralizing to someones character and is in fact just a stonewall tactic in presentation, a victorious stance of outcome from the attacker only to do so.

You can say done, but I'm sorry the topic is not done.

6. Well I don't see how that's relevant to the difficulty of training?
    Soldiers can die easily too yet they get poor pay in comparison to a dentist, the reason being it takes much more intelligence to become a dentist than a soldier. I don't really know how anyone can disagree that trade jobs pay less than high paying jobs because they're less mentally challenging.

If you disagree perhaps you should stop complaining and become a nurse or a secretary?

They're not women's jobs at all. That is sexist and not just to women. I'm not sure if you're actually serious here.

If you're making sexist comments and presenting sexist opinions what do you expect. If it walks, talks and sounds like a duck...
    Calling racist people racist is in no way offensive, if the truth hurts perhaps there are some aspects of their life they need to drastically rethink. I'll add that I care little for the demoralization of racists, sexists, homophobes or any other of the negative collectivist groups.

I don't think you understand what that meant so I'll make another reply. It means I'm done talking about this, not that the thread is.

7. That is a real warm welcoming of opinion you have to many of the GC members and onlookers who are not up to your standards of ferior mental capability. Of course someone of such highly recommended statue would also reconsider that perhaps the reason people have such low challenging jobs is with due circumstance that make them incapable, such as family, or perhaps they didn't have the opportunity or confidence to get such highly evaluated academics?

You're comment is staled.

Such a hypocritical stance since you clearly have a narrow minded view of classism. I'm not from Liverpool perhaps they like to spread such dull autocracy, and yet still more hypocritical non-sense spewed. These collective groups you speak of? No single person is part of an collectivist group, we are all individuals living breathing and thinking beings, not one is the same, so again more narrow minded hierarchy.

I understand you very clear.

8. You'll notice engineering isn't really a huge paying job. Doctors earn far more than I do because they're in a job that requires far more intelligence than an engineer. You get what you earn.

Calling racists racist and sexists sexist is classism and people not taking the opportunities presented to them to gain high paying employment means they never had it? Sexism and racism are forms of collectivism.

Ignore list.

9. #69 Suck My Mind, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    You ignore me because you don't like what I have to say, you don't want to hear the truth, you can ignore me all you want but you can't ignore progress. The world is changing and the veil is coming undone, all these decades of manipulation and false propaganda is showing it's sneaky little head. The system is breaking apart because of people like you, that think we can all work in the medical field, we can all get university degrees, we can all go green, and live off the fat of third rate communities. London just had a full scale riot a few months ago consisting of mainly male occupancy. I got a clue for you, the only thing that makes profit is the sector of these so called inferior metal challenging jobs that you put down that have high flyted to third rate countries because of globalization which is just a new form of autocracy.

You'll learn soon enough. :wave:

10. I'd work a jackhammer and get paid to work out all day over changing old people's diapers any time any place.

11. Whoa, if you were being treated like that at your job, why didn't you go to upper management with a complaint? It sounds like you worked for a large corporation, and most of them have hotlines for reporting harassment in the workplace. When I was 15 and working at a coffee shop, a 64 year old man came in and asked me on a date. I told my boss, and she called the cops who went to his work and had a little chat with him. I never again had a problem.

If women expect to share social and monetary equality with men, they have to start being able to stick up for themselves. As far as I can tell, the path for equality in the workplace is totally cleared and it is now up to women to take advantage of it. Companies are no longer legally allowed to discriminate wages. This, however, does not mean that companies HAVE to pay women the same as men. Men as a whole tend to be less afraid than women in approaching their employers and asking for a raise. They're also better able to realize their value to a particular trade. My friend used to manage at a restaurant and was in charge of the hiring. After she hired a new waiter, one of the girls who worked for her approached her and demanded to know why someone who was new was getting a larger starting salary than her. My friend's response: "he was better at negotiating during his interview than you were."

12. Jamayah are you a stripper?

13. Pretty sure you're trying to be an asshole with that question but I'll answer anyway. No.

To answer a couple other questions I saw or corrections on assumptions made:
    That didn't all happen at one job. The events in the two posts about my experiences occurred over the course of 15 years from the ages of 12 to 27 and the work instances happened in several different jobs. When appropriate I did complain to whatever chain of command/support vehicle. A couple times it worked out for me, a couple times I was told 'boys will be boys so get over it or get out'....kind of like this thread...and so I quit working and went to school. I never finished because life took a different turn for me.

Lastly, this is the last reply I will make to this thread because the OP dis-invited me, so if you have legit questions feel free to PM.

14. I dis-invited you a long time ago but just like a woman I suppose, don't know when to shut up. :wave:

15. #75 OldDaffy, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. The problem is most feminists don't want equality for women...they want them to rule the world.

17. Gender roles: Sexist when they don't like it, chivalry when they do.

Inequality: I get paid less than men who are in a much more capable state than I am and most likely do more work due to them being more physically strong. I like to dress pretty but I hate when men oggle over me (which is what 99% of heterosexual men do). I also like to use my 'femininity' (code word for breasts) to get men to do whatever I want them to do.

18. They may also only ask women because they are the ones who usually/always get custody after they file for divorce.

19. Just remembered about this thread lol

I'm not a college kid. I'm 18 making close to 40k a year. Lol

I'm not making presumptions. YOU are.

I actually went and checked out your posts lol I actually know the kinda poster you are. Not necessarily person but poster.

You on the other hand are makin ALL of YOUR PRESUMPTIONS on my avatar lol funny stuff. And I live in North Hollywood. Not really a suburban area. More like the kinda place where your car gets broken into if you park it on the street.. Or a local crackhead decides to break into your apartment.

Dealt with both. I'm the opposite of Hard bro but I'm doing well for myself in a bad neighborhood that's fa Sho.