femanized seeds vs regular

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mpsh13, Mar 12, 2009.

1. ok i read everything on gc about the topic , and i understand the differences , who here has grown fem seeds and regular seeds , is it true that fem seeds arnt as healthy and all that stuff? im getting ready to order my first seed fom attitude , i just want to have the best end product , what were ur results?

2. You are gonna order 2 strains anyway right? Get that pricy femmed Sativa dominant you've been eyballing, and then toss in some cheap non-fem seeds of a very hardy variety. Maybe a nice easy autoflower like an AK4X. Or maybe something very Indica dominant, easy to grow, a proven yielder like Mango, or even Papaya which I haven't seen feminized anyway.

Worst comes to worst you could cross the two and see what kind of Crazy Cyborg (TM) that produces...

3. How do thay FEMINIZE seeds can a novice do it like me

i wouldnt want a auto flowering plant, but how do they get them to do that, is it just from years of them breeding and switchin to a 12 hour light cycle fairly fast!!!

4. Dude auto flowerers are the shit. And IMO i wouldnt order from attitude they didnt come through for me a few weeks back.. But thats not the point feminized seeds are the way to go man they arent unhealthy or anything like that.

Trillyen: It isnt easy but if you researched enough info on google you can feminize your own seeds.

5. There are pro's and con's to feminized seeds, like pretty much everything else in life.

IMHO, feminized seeds are only good if you plan on growing a seed all the way through harvest.

If you plan on choosing a mother from feminized seeds, it will have a higher chance of producing "hermie" clones when you take cuttings.

Both types of seeds will germinate and produce healthy plants, just a matter of how big your wallet is (feminized seeds usually come in half packs for much more) and basically your preference.

6. I grow mostly femmed, never had a hermie or a problem. In the long run they save you money considering that, with a regular pack, only about half on average will be females so you're really paying about double per seed. And then you need the lights, pots, ferts, etc to grow out the males just to be able to identify them and get rid of them, more wasted expense.

I agree best not to use femmed seeds for extensive cloning.

Feminizing seeds and stabilizing them is tricky, you are much better off paying a few bucks to get them from the pro's.

7. If you get a hermie you can just snip all the pollen sacks before they pop anyway (it may take you a while but it beats spending all that time and space on a male plant that has to be culled imo)

8. IF you spot them all, and none sneak up on you. Just takes one sack to mess up your grow.