Female turning to make?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BaRaCuDa, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Hey guys. I 've planted my female plant around 4 weeks ago and it has been getting around 12 hours if lights since (flowering stage straight away)
    and it started forming things on the top which I am not familiar with. Can you please help me out :)

Attached Files:

2. So that plant has only ever had 12 hrs of daily light? It's clearly a dude, how did you decide it ever was a female if it's only 4 weeks old?

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Hon, that is a male plant! Sorry!

4. How can it be a male if it had all the looking of a female plant

5. Sad :( a month wasted. What can so possibly get from a male weed plant?

6. defo chip n dales.

7. Hemp rope to make shoes and hats with possibly.

8. I'm not sure which steps you took to sex the plant, but i'm not aware of any techniques or methods to sex a plant until way later in the veg cycle. Maybe around day 50 from seed? Depending on the genetics, grow method/speed of growth. But, even female plants will turn into males given too much environmental stresses.

Sounds like this one was a male from the start tho!

9. Dry and try, hon! Depending on the male's genetics, you may even get a pleasant surprise! :GettingStoned:

"In addition, the present study establishes that male plants, often considered deficient in delta-9-THC, contain levels of the same order as those recorded for female plants, both in the leaves and in the tops." From “Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco” Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco. - PubMed - NCBI

Just dry the whole plant, remove the stems and roots, and smoke the rest. A real old-fashioned-style hippie joint! :smiley-rolling-joint:

FYI- Back in the 60s, most cannabis was a mix of leaves, buds, stems and seeds. We smoked the leaves and buds. Stems were either tossed, used as an "emergency stash" for the late summer "cannabis drought", or dumped into vodka to flavor it. Seeds were either tossed or scattered in wet areas. Not all were true females- occasionally there would be female-leaning hermies with male flowers among the seedy buds.

Granny :wave:

10. Should I dry it now? Or wait for it to fully grow and mature? How should I do it?)

11. Hon, pull it now, since any other growers in the area will hate you if you let it get more mature! See the cream-colored stripe on the flower buds? That means it will be shedding pollen VERY soon! You don't want to ruin another grower's crop with your male's pollen. Cannabis pollen can float on the wind for 5 miles according to some allergy studies.

I would just take some scissors and snip it. There really isn't enough there to bother with the curing process, so I'd just let it dry naturally- spread the leaves out on a plate, stick it up high in a cupboard or somewhere it won't get disturbed for a few days, until it is dry. Crumble the leaves and male flowers a bit, roll and smoke. It will be harsher than what you are used to with cured bud, but the high will be the same.

Granny :wave:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. So I cut all the flowering buds and just have all the leaves of the plant to dry somewhere?
    Is it also a good idea to not dry the leaves and smoke it straight away right now? I don't mind tbh :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Do u have the same question about trannies

14. You smoke the male buds, too. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

And right off the plant, fresh leaves and flowers are just too wet to smoke, you have dry them out to burn.

15. Same plant that was a seedling 2 weeks ago?
    Looks like it got 4 sets of true leaves and went straight to flower.
    Those flowers are male.
    Start again next year in the early spring and get a full season of grow time.
    There's no such thing as a female looking plant.