Female that went hermie...the seed story

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by azznerak, Oct 21, 2017.

1. #1 azznerak, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    A few harvests back I had a female plant go hermie. I let her mature and harvested the little product I could. I kept the seeds because during my research of hermies I read an article stating that females that go hermie produce nothing but female seeds.

I decided to give it a try and planted three seeds...all were female.

After that I planted three more....all female.

This is my third harvest...all three female.

Not sure if I am extremely lucky or if I did discover a secret that might get me killendhfjgjdls........

Anyone else ever try, hears or know of this? If I am correct then I have found a way to get femenized seeds, if I can get a female to go hermie that is. And when the past female went hermie all I can recall was a change in temp. I didn't have a warmer for my grow box and during the winter it's location dropped in temperature. I recall many nights it getting close to 49. I read that it times of stress cannabis will go hermie to pollinate itself in a last ditch effort to pass on its genes.

So a female pollinating itself would create female seeds?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yes , that's true

• Like Like x 1
  3. Old news

4. I thought you needed the pollen from a stressed, (about to be hermied), female and pollinate another female to produce feminized seeds. I thought a stressed or overly mature hermaphrodite would produce hermaphrodite seeds?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Oh, I'm sorry if my lack of knowledge bored you. Please feel free to ignore my posts. I promise I won't loose any sleep or give any fucks if you do.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. I think what he was trying to say is that is how fem seeds are made. You discovered it serendipitously.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. No probs. Have a good day sir