Female pre flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Caldwell, Jan 3, 2016.

1. bag seed first grow attempt. Approx 2 1/2 3 weeks old from sprout. Topped and lst around pot.
    125w CfL 'grow light'
    18/6
    Miricale grow organic soil
    Phed water from my freshwater aquarium W calmag.

Attached Files:

2. Give it more time

3. will do lol just getting a little antsy here as I'm sure you know haha.

4. pre-flowers will usually appear after about 4-6 weeks. and unless your bag seeds are from outdoor plants, it is most likely the byproduct of a hermaphrodite and you will in turn have a hermaphrodite plant.

5. Im pretty sure its not guaranteed hermie if the parent was, just an increased chance..

OP those look like normal new growth, female bits will be more 'solid' looking. And even if it does hermie, if you're patient and meticulate and the plant is easily accessable you should be able to remove all/most of the male parts before they mature by checking every day. Not done myself but read that someone else had done it successfully.

Good luck!

6. It is not clearly yet what is the sex.

7. Plant is looking great btw. Wait another two weeks to check for preflowers.

8. although this may be possible the final resulting smoke will be nasty. Lol. The plant spent its energy trying to make balls instead of trichs!

9. Fair point! Didnt consider that.. but y'know.. if worst comes to worst at least you get something out of your time and effort, as hes a bagseeder i assume he doesnt have a great deal of backups!

10. true, i didnt consider this. I know how hard it is to throw a plant away after so much wasted time/effort. It sucks :/

11. I know the feeling.. worst thing is spending ages tying, pruning and caring for your plants until they're perfect, switching to flower cycle and finding out they're male... all 3 of them xD. Never using bagseed again.. i even tried storing the pollen for later use but it went mouldy ):