Female or Male?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Michael A, Jul 31, 2018.

?

Male or female?

1. male

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. female

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hi. the nods only popped up 3 days ago. what's your guess? male or female. help me out. I'm newer to this. ty Screenshot_20180730-180036.jpg 20180730_220646.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Too soon to tell or to be worried

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. would a male ever grow pointy preflower like this though?

4. it's very pointy

Attached Files:

5. Like @pappapuff said its too early to tell really. But, from my experience if I had to guess, you're right. That's a pointy pre-lady.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Id say female but give it a day or 2 and let's see

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks guys. The anticipation is killing me. lol.
    from y'alls experience, from the time the preflower nods pop up, from that point, how long until they start to grow the hairs? the nods have been there 5 or 6 days already. they are very small but wondering if a hair should have already popped out?

8. Some strains won't show pistils until two weeks after flip or 6-8wks veg. When did you change the light schedule?

• Like Like x 2
  9. I have not changed the light cycle. I've had it on 21-20 hours of light a day.
    I use the natural sunlight in the day from sunrise to set and I bring my baby in under 2 fluorescent lights to keep it growing and out of any flowering stage at some point before I want it. It's all rigged with reflective foils.
    the plant got a late start in the season. I planted a fully terminated seed on June 15th. I live in Sw Florida. plenty of good Sun.
    Anyway, I take my plants back outside at 3 am in the morning so she can rest a while before sun rise.
    When I wish to flower, I will transplant to a 5 gallon bucket with soil and rocks in bottom of bucket with holes drilled in bucket, and I will place it outside when the light is 12-12, or close to it and not put it under lights inside anymore.
    My math says the plant will be 2ft tall when im going to flower, and will be 3.5 to 4 ft when it's done flowering.

10. fully germinated**

11. The weed it grows is amazing. I'm praying it's a female.
    I got a 2 ounce batch of some fire weed and I found 1 seed in it..1 lone seed. couldn't believe it. I germinated and started growing it.

12. Actually yes. I planted one bag seed last summer in addition to my seed bank seeds; it looked just like that, a few days before I found out that it was male. I had thought for weeks that the spikyness of the sprouts indicated female, double disappointment for me.

13. How long have you vegged for or plan to? You might get a bigger gal than 2 ft. I have this one I vegged for 6 weeks. She's way over 2 ft tall and indica
    IMG_20180728_120522.jpg
    Her too also a 6 week veg
    IMG_20180728_115907.jpg
    Are you doing LST?

• Like Like x 1
  14. mine is 6 weeks into veg now. it's about a foot tall, maybe 10 inches.
    It's a Sativa.
    I plan on vegging for 6-8 more weeks..
    your plant is in the flowering stage and grows a lot during this period.
    was this an auto flower seed?
    I read those grow faster.

15. Nope just a normal photo under LEDs. They did quite the stretch when I flipped them.

16. Hey Erik, I've only been growing indoors, (in a very minimal setup,) for about 3 years, but this is my opinion. If you are still early in your grow, especially with sativas which tend to grow tall, you should utilize the (extremely simple) tying down method, pre-SCOG prep, even if you don't use SCOG afterwards. This turns a lot of the plant's upward growth into outwards growth. My own simple indoor grow setup is 2 120 watt overhead red/blue LED lamps, and 2 recently added directional lamps with full spectrum 1200 lumen bulbs. Nothing more complicated than resetting the lamp timers as needed for growing vs flowering. I generally give my seeds 2-3 weeks for sprouting, 8-10 weeks of vegetating, and 8-12 weeks of flowering as determined by the strain. Also I have noticed that plants tend to reach towards the light in the first week of changing from 18/6 to 12/12, they can reach several inches and you should be prepared if you have minimal space like I do.

17. I'm actually just guessing that it's sativa. take a look. what do you think?
    I point it towards the sun when the sun is couple hours from set.

Attached Files:

18. It
    Will be outside during flowering stage so space is no issue. I'll bring it in and keep in my walk in closet at night to keep bugs away but that's no issue either.

19. Looking at those leaves I would guess it's an Indica. Sativa fan leaves are typically narrower, and there are usually 9-11 "fingers" on them. Indica fan leaves usually have around 7 leaves, to 9 at most, and the individual leaves are a lot wider than Sativa leaves.
    Cheers,
    Alex

• Like Like x 1
  20. they look more narrow than the indicas I looked at. it got 9 fingers already and I just started week 6 of Veg.