female giving off seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bud battalion, Feb 5, 2015.

1. hey guys iv got 2 plants that have been put into flower but just noticed its got a single seed site here n there up the main stem its got white hairs all over like normal.

will put up photos soon!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. what you guys think?

Attached Files:

3. Looks like calyx's on the stalk.
    But the flowers scream herm at first glance

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Agree with @punchrebapunchreba it definitely looks like a herm and could mess up your grow if you keep it in your flower room! Be careful my friend! :)

5. #5 GoldGrower, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
    I don't see any seeds or male flowers

This is a hermaphrodite

[​IMG]

What you have pictured on the stalk is bud. It's a single calyx (female flower), clusters of calyxes is bud.

Edit....
    oh shit, on the third photo, yeah you definitely have seeds. It's getting pollen from somewhere unfortunately, but not recently. Did you have males a few weeks back?

6. I have had a male before but that was months ago n I killed it before it got too far

7. Those "calyxs" on the main stalk actually have a seed in the middle iv gotten 13seeds off it now and just for my knowledge what is a herm?

8. Seen that too. genetics and stress can lead to it. hermaphrodite refers to a plant carry traits of both sexes. chicks with dicks if you will. At this point you have to think about the source of your seeds. If quality seeds did your plant have a rough early life?

Some good and bad can come from this. You are likely to get all female plants from those seeds. if it is genetic you will experience a repeat of more hermied plants. You can use the plant for a hash maker or do like the old days and sift out the seeds and smoke away. THC may be lower as you plant is now using its energy to make seeds. Not a total loss but usually a disappointment for may who a true sinsemilla.

A herm is a hermaphrodite (has both reproductive organs, hermie plants are self-pollinating) which means it'll grow female buds but will start growing pollen pouches at some point as well. 

10. yes these two have had a rough childhood lol but they came right:) would you guys say its worth keeping them?

11. I should add that I dont see pollen sacks yet

12. #12 SergeantMeowstein, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015

If you don't have any females left, I'd say let them grow for a week and then start flushing. To maximize the usability and efficiency of your plants, make concentrates or cannabutter. 

I do, they're the light-green "banana clusters" growing in the middle of the buds.