Female Blades, Please Gimme Some Advice

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by mogcra, Oct 28, 2012.

1. So i've been with my chick for some time now, was my highschool sweetheart, was with me when I graduated college. Its been almost 7 years, gonna marry her quite obviously, but I got into a fight with her last night and i'll explain why.

So we went out to a club for her belated birthday/halloween yesterday and she brought a couple of her friends but otherwise it was like 20 of her family members.

One of her friends has drank literally maybe 2-3 times in her life, got drunk and was stumbling a bit so I grabbed my girlfriend and told her to let her friend rest for a minute, but of course drunk girls know better then I so I let them have their fun.

Meanwhile everyones bitching at me asking why were at a club (we're not kids but my girlfriend likes to have a good time once in a while, thats fair) so I ignored it, then they start complaining its getting late and theyre asking if we're ready to leave.

I figure one of the girls got cut on her arm accidentally, lets just wrap this night up, get the drunkies some burritos and call it a night, but HERE is where shit goes sour.

I tell my girlfriend in our native tongue (yes, im ethnic) "everyones tired, lets just grab food cause its hectic and you girls can eat while we head back"....as soon as I said that, my gf, in her SEMI drunken state, starts arguing with me in English in the car with her cousin + friends. Saying shit like "wtf is your problem, stop being a buzzkill youre ruining everyones night" and I tried to calm her down again telling her I didn't wanna fight and just trying to be a good bf and diffuse the situation.

She wasnt having it so I gave her what she wanted, her friends and cousin got outta the car to get food, while I got livid with her and her drunk friend in the back is passed out the whole time listening to us.

I got pissed off because im a considerate person, or atleast id like to think so. If people came downtown for my birthday and bitched id be annoyed too but im a reasonable man, lets have a bit of fun and if people are tired we'll call it an early night, but she wanted to have her big princess night and thats what i got mad at.

Girls, why do you have these princess complexes? Are your fathers spoiling you too much? Men, de-princessify your women because that shit AINT cute, and fathers, daughter or son, raise your children with compassion and consideration because thats all humanity has.

Sorry for the long ass rant, just want to know if im in the right for being pissed about the fight in front of her family, even though they told her after that they loved me and they were glad i took care of everyone

2. She sounds like a bitch, id cut ties and run, unless shes super hot, then its okay

3. Shes super hot, and not a bitch at all, sweetheart but last night was an ugly princess moment I cant deal with, dont like fighting in front of people, maybe its just me being too concerned w/ what her family thinks, but I always see it as the mans job to make the family know he will take care of their daughter

4. If she doesn't normally act like that, then it was just her being drunk and angry, maybe because it was her birthday party, and that just piled on her mind? If she wouldn't act like that sober/high

Blame the alcohol and just talk to her about it. :cool:

5. Thats my thing though, I tried to rationalize it as 'shes just tipsy, fuck it, dont indulge her' but she kept reaching for a fight so I gave her one.

I haven't used liquor or pot as a crutch for my decisions because im an adult, if I fuck up its not cause I was drunk, its cause i was irresponsible. I cant have kids with this chick if shes gonna give me her princess shit, how are mom and dad gonna set an example when moms being a kid?

Dunno if im overreacting or not, just really irked me

6. She was drunk bro...let it go.

And you are right, it is the mans job to take care of his family. Which is exactly what you did....got the drunkies home safe, that's all that matters.

If my S/O or anyone I actually care about get's hammered and out of control I will hog tie that ass till they sober up if I have to.

If they can't appreciate that level of love after sobering up and realizing they were a sloshed mess and hate you for babysitting them, fuck em'!!

7. Liquor makes the decisions for you, dontcha know? She's a women, you might be able too control it better, but she's probably really light too drinking....

Don't automatically assume she wouldn't be a good mother because of that, that makes me fume....if she's a genuine person, I garuntee having a baby in her womb for 9 months will make her prepared, especially since she can't party, barely smoke pot etc.

Don't doubt her on her mother instincts, sheesh.......

8. I think you handled the situation well enough, but you're taking it pretty seriously. It was her birthday and she just wanted to have fun.
    That's really nice of you to want to take care of everyone, but if I were in your position and didn't want to have to deal with her drunkenness and her family at the same time I would have sent the family back early in a cab and let my girl stay out. I mean gosh, it's one night a year she gets to feel special and do what she wants, and it doesn't sound like she was asking for much. Just freedom to have a fun night on her birthday.
    That's how I read it, anyway.

9. Thats just it, if you can't be normal drunk, dont drink. I haven't touched liquor in years, not because I have a problem or change, just cause I dont like it, and I dont like what it does to people.

She apologized and stuff today, but I told her don't have me around if youre going to be drinking to get drunk, and if she ever causes a scene in front of either of our families like that again we don't have a future.

10. Lmao I don't want to toot my own horn but I dont need a birthday/valentines day to make my girlfriend feel special. I get girls are really into birthdays and halloween and proms and stuff, but there ARE other people coming on your behalf, be respectful of your guests kinda thing.

And yeah its serious to me cause in our culture you marry the family, not the girl, if her family sees us fighting and thinks we're dysfunctional what if they dont think im a stable match for her?

Whatever, once she was being bratty about going shopping and I talked her down and told her she shouldn't be trying to be a kardashian on daddys dollar and her parents commended me for keeping her grounded.

11. #12 CapitanQ, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2012
    Yes but "just having fun" with alcohol turns into drunken douchery at the drop of a hat, and it cost people their lives (legally/literally)ALL DAY EVERY DAY all around the world.

If the fun get's out of control because drunkies can't hold their liquor it's the designated babysitters job to get everyone to the house and make sure nothing bad happens, that's why they are there.

He did the right thing by getting everyone home safely before shit escalated into REAL drama, she needs to quit being a spoiled shit and thank him for being the mature, responsible BF that he is.

12. That's really fucked...

People make mistakes, if she doesn't drink that often, then yes she's drinking for a tipsy feeling....

Don't take it so hard, there's no such thing as a normal drunk.....that's very......contradicting

13. This isn't because she is a woman, I have all the respect in the world for women, but I will question someones ability to raise a child when they behave worse then children would.

Parents need to SET examples

14. Been in that situation so many times.

People automatically think because their drunk they can act foolishly. Its such a cop out.

15. Then don't be drunk? Why do people cling so desperately to something they can't keep composure with? She doesn't smoke pot or nag me for it at all, but in my defence when I smoke pot I don't become different. I may become hungrier or sleepier, but never do I become less considerate.

16. I think she apologized and thanked him in the morning...

She's not a spoiled shit if she doesn't usually act this way....:rolleyes:

17. Because everyone else was drinking so she decided to have a few,

Pot is different, pot doesn't make your judgement ruined, it doesn't control your mind. It helps your mind and eases you....

Alcohol is totally different then pot.

18. In my eyes its NEVER acceptable for couples to fight publicly. I am a private person, I keep whats in my bedroom in MY bedroom. Don't care if it seems drastic but if you cant NOT fight in public cause of booze, dont drink or dont date me, doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Guys?

19. #20 shestones, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2012
    Lol. If you're considering breaking up with someone you've been with for 7 years over her getting drunk and acting stupid then fucking do it man. If that one thing can make you rethink you're entire future id say that you are the problem not her. She's not allowed to get drunk and act stupid on her birthday? If someone said "I don't think you're mother material because you had a few drinks and acted bratty" id laugh in their face and tell them to fuck off.

That shit is not even that serious, smoke some bud and calm down bro. You sound like no fun at all, id be scared to do anything if I was your girl for fear you'd think I was being a brat or wasn't mother material.

My birthday is the one time of year I go all out and just get chocolatey wasted. And yeah, I may act dumb, I may not, but who gives a fuck? Its my birthday and if I want to act stupid one day out of the year best believe I will. And if anyone has a problem with that they can suck my dick.