FEM AK48 *Flowering* / CFL / First Grow / PC Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by allhandsondeck, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Case:
    1 x 7 slot power strip
    Mylar
    4 x 6500k CFL's
    4 x 2700L CFL's
    Giant roll of reflective tape
    An old server case I bought second hand (About 26 inches tall)
    2 x 80mm case fans (exhaust)
    1 x 120mm case fans (exhaust)
    1 Light Timer
    Some industrial strength velcro to adjust the light height (Saw this on here and thought it was a great idea)
    Hannah PH Tester
    PH Up and Down

Soil:
    2 x 1 gallon pots (I think they are a galloon seems like they are half gallon though to be honest)
    FoxFarm Trio of Nutrients (Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom ) Soil Formula
    Pro Mix Organic Soil (contains ocean compost, perlite, peat moss, mycrose, and limestone)
    Perlite
    Vermiculate

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*Vegging*

Week 3 update (i know the plant is small for week 3 im battling learning curves)

I transplanted it into some new soil last week and it really has started to grow more. Added a dose of big bloom today at 1/4 strength and noticed the ph run off was 5.0 coming out but 7.0 going in. Hoping im not in nutrient lockup but I'll raise the pH next time and see what happens.

Going to top pretty soon will probably wait for one more node to come out then 4 way LST after the top.

Anyone care to give me some advice on the pH levels or can is my game plan sounding alright.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres another update. Topped about 4 days ago and she is starting to fill out. Will be trying my hand at a 4 way LST as soon as the topped branches come out a bit more.

One thing I noticed today from yesterday is the very tip of some of the leaves have turned brown. I moved the light up about an inch because it looked like it was getting a bit close. I'll have to keep an eye on it and look it up.

I'm having a hell of a hard time keeping my pH up. It's at 6.0 right now and I can't seem it get it where I want it. My meter is calibrated to 7.0 and I used pH up in my distilled water, no nutrients last watering. I flushed it pretty well too I believe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Update, plant has been topped a second time. I made a tiny reflector hood for the cfl's to hopefully redirect more light down to the plant itself. I also transplanted it into a bigger and wider container for more soil so the roots can spread out some more and hopefully take more advantage of that.

old planter:
    [​IMG]

new planter:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So a little update here. I finally managed to get my PH adjusted properly. My second top is really coming through now and I've managed to keep the plant fairly low and bushy. Not sure if this will help or hinder me once i flower.

I think I'm going to let it veg out for another week then let her flower. Should I do a flush prior to flowering?

I think this plant is 5 weeks old now. Kind of sad how small it is but I chalk it up to experience and confined space with less light. It seems to be healthy, however.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]